Old June 9th 07, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ping Dave Arquati

Every link and image on Always Touch Out has gone haywire. I couldn't even
get to your email address, so I could have whispered this in your ear
instead of shouting it in front of everyone...

Old June 10th 07, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Every link and image on Always Touch Out has gone haywire. I couldn't even
get to your email address, so I could have whispered this in your ear
instead of shouting it in front of everyone...

I recently changed hosts and had to redirect the domain - but the site
currently looks fine to me. Is anyone else having the same problem?

(And before anyone asks, yes, I know it hasn't been updated for ages;
unfortunately all aspects of real life intervened, professional,
personal and medical! An update is planned soon...)

--
Dave A
Old June 10th 07, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave A" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
Every link and image on Always Touch Out has gone haywire. I couldn't
even get to your email address, so I could have whispered this in your
ear instead of shouting it in front of everyone...

I recently changed hosts and had to redirect the domain - but the site
currently looks fine to me. Is anyone else having the same problem?

It's been u/s for me for about 3 days Dave, the home page shows no graphics,
just a page full of failing links...

(Using BTInternet & IE7)

Paul S

Old June 10th 07, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote:
"Dave A" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
Every link and image on Always Touch Out has gone haywire. I couldn't
even get to your email address, so I could have whispered this in your
ear instead of shouting it in front of everyone...

I recently changed hosts and had to redirect the domain - but the site
currently looks fine to me. Is anyone else having the same problem?

It's been u/s for me for about 3 days Dave, the home page shows no graphics,
just a page full of failing links...

(Using BTInternet & IE7)

Ah, now I see. How bizarre... this just proves that you should always
check your website in multiple browsers!

Hopefully I've just fixed it, if you refresh it/clear your cache...

--
Dave Arquati
Old June 10th 07, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave A" wrote in message

Ah, now I see. How bizarre... this just proves that you should always
check your website in multiple browsers!

Hopefully I've just fixed it, if you refresh it/clear your cache...

Fine now, thanks Dave

Paul

Old June 10th 07, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave A wrote:

unfortunately all aspects of real life intervened, professional,
personal and medical!

Hope all is well now.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old June 10th 07, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave A wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:
"Dave A" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
Every link and image on Always Touch Out has gone haywire. I
couldn't even get to your email address, so I could have
whispered this in your ear instead of shouting it in front of
everyone...
I recently changed hosts and had to redirect the domain - but the
site currently looks fine to me. Is anyone else having the same
problem?

It's been u/s for me for about 3 days Dave, the home page shows no
graphics, just a page full of failing links...

(Using BTInternet & IE7)

Ah, now I see. How bizarre... this just proves that you should
always check your website in multiple browsers!

Hopefully I've just fixed it, if you refresh it/clear your cache...

Yes, it looks fine now (Windows XP Home and IE6). As some of us also
have websites, and may be interested in what browser incompatibility
caused such a disastrous problem, can you say what the nature of the
problem was (and the cure)? I for one would be glad to avoid it in
future!

Anyway, welcome back Dave. Your site is much appreciated, as witnessed
by the concern that its temporary demise caused.

Very best wishes,

Richard J.

Old June 10th 07, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:20:42 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Anyway, welcome back Dave. Your site is much appreciated, as witnessed
by the concern that its temporary demise caused.

Very best wishes

If I can just second this. I was about to call out a search party within
TfL!
--
Paul C

Old June 10th 07, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
Dave A wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:
"Dave A" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
[...]

Thanks very much! The slightly odd incompatibility was that I had a
base href="/" tag in the header, which I needed when I was moving
stuff over to the new hosts before I redirected the domain. Apparently
Firefox can cope with that combined with other links beginning with a
slash, but IE throws a wobbly.

--
Dave Arquati
Old June 11th 07, 12:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave A wrote:

Hopefully I've just fixed it, if you refresh it/clear your cache...

Yes, thanks!

Updating "Digital Dave/Doris" Graham Harrison[_2_] London Transport 4 February 9th 11 07:39 PM
OT - When Boris Meet Dave Basil Jet London Transport 72 October 9th 09 12:50 PM
Is Dave unwell? Bob London Transport 1 June 8th 07 07:54 PM
Ping! Kat Andrew P Smith London Transport 1 April 19th 04 05:29 PM
Ping John Rowland and others Ian F. London Transport 3 December 3rd 03 04:22 PM