Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 26th 07, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Eating food on the train.

Just another day on SWT.
rant
So today both ways in the rush hour I have to sit next to someone eating
some disgusting thing out of a second hand plastic bag. This morning it
was some objectionable darkening banana with some mix of other noisy
stuff which he helpfully placed on the middle seat on top of the metro
paper for everyone to be irritated by. I never new I was so sensitive to
the smell of over ripe bananas or the noise of them being consimed and
indeed the whole pantomime of opening the containers, balancing them on
a bag while reading a book etc etc.

On the way home his evil twin with a seemingly identical bag peeled an
over ripe orange which sprayed its citric tang in the cabin annoying me
enough to make me move.

At least my moment of thinking I should say something was drowned out by
the South West Trains implementation of the PA system from Glastonbury
which they have put on the trains to make everyones ear drums burst at
the helpful anouncement that we are on a train coach and its going to a
zillion stations and theres a guard and to take our things with us and
not to smoke and and and
/rant

mf
PS In the USA metros in LA and Philly there are signs saying 'no eating'
what a good idea!