Old June 14th 05, 06:11 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Default Eating near Acton Town or Stamford Brook Stations?

Where are some good take-away places to eat lunch on a Saturday within short
walking distance to either the Acton Town or Stamford Brook tube stations?

Old June 14th 05, 10:53 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

No really good ones near Acton Town, apart from the Cafe on the corner
of Bollo road, but its not a Saturday afternoon lunch sort of a place.

Old June 14th 05, 01:00 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In message , General Von
Clinkerhoffen writes

Where are some good take-away places to eat lunch on a Saturday
within short walking distance to either the Acton Town or Stamford
Brook tube stations?

No really good ones near Acton Town, apart from the Cafe on the corner
of Bollo road, but its not a Saturday afternoon lunch sort of a place.

And is frequently full of tube drivers (not that that's necessarily a
bad thing) more so since the District canteen at Acton was closed for
refurbishment.
Old June 14th 05, 07:23 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

A bit of a walk from Acton Town, in fact much closer to Ealing Common
being about a minute's walk from it, but Dante pizzeria do SERIOUSLY
good Italian-style pizza and pasta and it's very reasonably priced too.
You can eat in or take away. Failing that there is a Nando's chicken
restaurant next door to Ealing Common station too. For Stamford Brook,
KFC is close enough on Chiswick High Rd or the pub opposite the station
(diagonally to the left as you come out) does nice food but it's a bit
pricey. Yell.com will recognise a tube station name as a locality so
you could try searching on that for more if these aren't to your taste.

Keith

In message , General Von
Clinkerhoffen writes

Old June 14th 05, 10:16 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

John wrote:
Where are some good take-away places to eat lunch on a Saturday within short
walking distance to either the Acton Town or Stamford Brook tube stations?

Not been round Acton Town for a while, but from Stamford Brook I'd walk
on to Chiswick High Road (half way between the Brook and Turnham Green).
You'll find all the usual high street suspects but also the Gourmet
Burger Kitchen; Silk and Spice (Indo-Malaysian influences); Thai Bistro
(apparently very good, though not my kind of food) and the Tiffin Box
(Indian). The last 3 come recommended but I can be sure of the opening
hours as I am not in Chiswick at the moment; the first I enjoy and will
definitely be open!

HTH,

Tom

Old June 14th 05, 11:16 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

In article ,
Tom Cordiner wrote:
on to Chiswick High Road (half way between the Brook and Turnham Green).
You'll find all the usual high street suspects but also the Gourmet
Burger Kitchen; Silk and Spice (Indo-Malaysian influences); Thai Bistro
(apparently very good, though not my kind of food) and the Tiffin Box
(Indian). The last 3 come recommended but I can be sure of the opening
hours as I am not in Chiswick at the moment; the first I enjoy and will
definitely be open!

Is drooling allowed in this thread ?

Nick
--
http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself
Old June 15th 05, 01:07 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Tom Cordiner" wrote in message
John wrote:
Where are some good take-away places to eat lunch on a Saturday within
short walking distance to either the Acton Town or Stamford Brook tube
stations?

Not been round Acton Town for a while, but from Stamford Brook I'd walk on
to Chiswick High Road (half way between the Brook and Turnham Green).
You'll find all the usual high street suspects but also the Gourmet Burger
Kitchen; Silk and Spice (Indo-Malaysian influences); Thai Bistro
(apparently very good, though not my kind of food) and the Tiffin Box
(Indian). The last 3 come recommended but I can be sure of the opening
hours as I am not in Chiswick at the moment; the first I enjoy and will
definitely be open!

HTH,

Tom

Are these call casual places where you prepay at the counter and not deal
with waiters?
We may sit and eat there rather than carry the food out, but we want more of
a lower priced place without tips and service charges, but still better and
more interesting food than KFC or McDonalds.

Old June 15th 05, 06:25 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"John" wrote in message ...
Where are some good take-away places to eat lunch on a Saturday within short
walking distance to either the Acton Town or Stamford Brook tube stations?

Turn right out of Stamford Brook tube and walk up to Chiswick High Road / King Street.

Turn left at the lights and walk along King Street towards Hammersmith.

There are dozens of cafes and restaurants along this stretch, including the
Chinese Gourmet Buffet which is very good value.

HTH

Robin

Old June 19th 05, 09:56 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

If you turn right out of Stamford Brook and walk down to the corner,
there are numerous restaurants along both King St (towards Hammersmith)
and Chiswick High Rd (towards Chiswick). My favorites are both along
King St, the Vietnamese about 3 doors along from the corner, and
Chelsea Brasserie a couple of blocks further along. The Vietnamese does
takeaways, not so sure about Chelsea Brasserie, but that is more of a
casual cafe at lunch times. There's also a greasy spoon in between if
you want to partake of a more traditional British style of cuisine,
their lard and lard comes recommended, I hear.