Old July 15th 07, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bakerloo Strike

On Jul 13, 1:37?pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Just as we were discussing the possible extension of the Bakerloo, with
fewer trains reversing at Queens Park in the future, along comes this:

Maybe that's the real reason for taking the trains all the way to Watford
Junction?

Paul

Whatever the reason, just bring on the trains to Watford Junction
ASAP!

John Burke
Watford Rail Users Group

Old July 15th 07, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I'm saying that the staff in the ticket office have *not* been
redeployed on the station to "reassure" me(and others), they are no
longer there.

Old July 19th 07, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"BRB Class 465" wrote in message
ps.com...
On 13 Jul, 22:23, "Richard J." wrote:
Perhaps it's because the drivers on other lines are quite happy with
tipping out passengers with the help of just one station assistant.
I've often seen it done, and it doesn't seem to lead to any problems.It
looks like yet another campaign to retain unnecessary jobs under a
spurious 'safety' banner.

I suspect the issue is having lone staff on the platforms at places
like Queen's Park and Willesden Junction - where an altercation has a
good chance of turning in to a stabbing or worse. Maybe the issue
will resolve itself once security is improved when the stations become
controlled by LU.

According to todays BBC web article confirming the strike will go ahead:

Describing the strike as "completely unnecessary" an LU spokesman said:
"This change merely means that, in the exceptional circumstances that two
staff are not available, the procedure can be carried out by one member of
station staff with the assistance of the train operator."

Which seems to indicate that 2 staff plus driver is the norm (more than many
other lines?) and 1+1 is unusual...

Paul