Old September 5th 07, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster card question

Day 1

Travelling from Waterloo to London City Airport.
London City A - North Greenwich ( O2)
Then back to London City Airport

Day 2

London City Airport - Waterloo

I've been trying to work out how much credit I'll need on the card to do
these journeys, at present I have £10.

Is this enough? I can't work out if the Waterloo- LCA counts as one journey
or not.
Same with LCA to NG.

Thanks for any help.

Jan

Old September 5th 07, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 Sep, 23:21, "Jan" wrote:
Day 1

Travelling from Waterloo to London City Airport.
London City A - North Greenwich ( O2)
Then back to London City Airport

Day 2

London City Airport - Waterloo

I've been trying to work out how much credit I'll need on the card to do
these journeys, at present I have £10.

Is this enough? I can't work out if the Waterloo- LCA counts as one journey
or not.
Same with LCA to NG.

Thanks for any help. Jan

Are you asking if it still counts as "one journey" if the journey
involves changing from one line to another, or from DLR to tube? If
so, the answer is yes. Both a Waterloo to London City Airport DLR
journey and a London City Airport DLR to
North Greenwich journey are counted as one journey.

£10 will be enough although how much credit you have left over will
depend on whether a "cap" applies and the time of day/day of the week
you travel. Find exact fares he

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...07/farefinder/

Old September 5th 07, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Keith Raeburn wrote:
On 5 Sep, 23:21, "Jan" wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your help. One last question..... When changing from the tube to
DLR and viceversa, do you have to "swipe" the oyster card?
Jan

Old September 6th 07, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 00:01:19 +0100, "Jan" wrote:
Is this enough? I can't work out if the Waterloo- LCA counts as one
journey or not.
Same with LCA to NG.

Thanks for your help. One last question..... When changing from the tube to
DLR and viceversa, do you have to "swipe" the oyster card?

On the journeys you asked about, you go straight between the Jubilee
Line and the DLR and there are no validators.

Richard.