Old September 22nd 07, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Shoreditch

In article . com,
Mizter T wrote:
On 21 Sep, 11:58, "Richard J." wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
* Blackfriars Bridge station (London Chatham & Dover Railway) -
1864 - 1885 (remained open for goods until 1964).
On the "City Line" between Herne Hill/ Elephant & Castle and the now
closed Ludgate Hill station north of the river.

Just to clarify this slightly ambiguous sentence. The words "north of
the river" refer to Ludgate Hill station. Blackfriars Bridge station
was south of the river.
--
Richard J.

Yes, indeed that is what I meant - thanks.

It's all rather conBANG

Aeiouuugggghhhhhhh...

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 9th Sep 2007)

"The Internet, an ersatz counterfeit of real life"

Old September 22nd 07, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sep 19, 3:58 pm, Olof Lagerkvist wrote:
Infilled cutting:http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4756007

Where exactly is this?

Shoreditch High Street station construction site:http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4755885

Passing the site yesterday, there are now two great big steel viaduct
pillars just beyond where the red dump truck is.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

Old September 22nd 07, 11:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mr Thant wrote:

On Sep 19, 3:58 pm, Olof Lagerkvist wrote:

Infilled cutting:http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4756007

Where exactly is this?

It is taken from the bridge that takes Bratley Street over the former
tracks. I saw that I had placed the photo slightly wrong on the map in
Panoramio, corrected that now.

Shoreditch High Street station construction site:http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4755885

Passing the site yesterday, there are now two great big steel viaduct
pillars just beyond where the red dump truck is.

Thanks, I must say the area changes quickly around there now. To John
Band: Would it be possible for you to set up a camera to take for
example weekly pictures of the site and post a slideshow of them? ;-)

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451