Old October 5th 07, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Acton Depot

On 4 Oct, 22:13, Standing at HN28 signal
wrote:
Took a visit to the park next to Acton Depot and was very surprised to
see the same 72ts and 62ts there that were there in late 2004 when i
went! Are there any plans for them? can anyone i.d. them and give me
any information about them?

I'm a little intrigued by this photo...
http://www.tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/p45622649.html
....specifically the destination of Tooting Broadway.

I presume that there's a crossover south of Tooting Broadway for
reversals (stupidly and pathetically I can't work out from CULG
whether this is the case - indeed whether CULG even provides such
information).

However I'm interested to know whether Tooting Broadway was ever used
as a southerly destination (i.e. for terminating and then reversing)
during normal service on the Northern line?

Old October 5th 07, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Took a visit to the park next to Acton Depot and was very surprised to
see the same 72ts and 62ts there that were there in late 2004 when i
went! Are there any plans for them? can anyone i.d. them and give me
any information about them?

I'm a little intrigued by this photo...
http://www.tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/p45622649.html
...specifically the destination of Tooting Broadway.

I presume that there's a crossover south of Tooting Broadway for
reversals (stupidly and pathetically I can't work out from CULG
whether this is the case - indeed whether CULG even provides such
information).

However I'm interested to know whether Tooting Broadway was ever used
as a southerly destination (i.e. for terminating and then reversing)
during normal service on the Northern line?

Yes there is a turn back siding at Tooting Broadway located to the south
of the station between the running tunnels. I don't think there are
scheduled turns in the current timetable but it has certainly been used
on that basis before and is used for emergency reversing these days if
there are problems. The destination blind in the photo is not that
unusual and is perfectly feasible given through running off the CX
branch is a feature of the current and previous NL timetables.
--
Paul C

Old October 6th 07, 12:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
[...]

The Tooting Broadway siding was the site of an accident with an empty
train that was a precursor to the Moorgate disaster.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old October 6th 07, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 Oct, 15:04, MIG wrote:

No, just mouldy, or whatever can possibly happen to aluminium alloy.
It doesn't look as if it's being used, and it's a full train worth (ie
two units).-

Those have been there for years; I seem to remember a sign on one of
them, in a side window I think, saying 'Test train', though exactly
what it was used for testing I don't know.

A couple of weks or so ago, on the way to Birmingham I noticed that
the white lights on the front end were turned on, so it isn't totaally
dead.