Old November 9th 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Commute btwn N.Acton-Wimbledon

Commuting between North Acton and Wimbledon (both 3rd zone),
and exchanging at Notting Hill Gate (zone 1 or 2?),
a Travelcard for zone 3 only or for zone 2+3 (1+2+3?) must be
purchased?

Thanks for your help

Old November 9th 04, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Commuting between North Acton and Wimbledon (both 3rd zone),
and exchanging at Notting Hill Gate (zone 1 or 2?),
a Travelcard for zone 3 only or for zone 2+3 (1+2+3?) must be
purchased?

The travelcard required is based on the zones travelled through. I believe
North Acton is actually on the zone 2/3 boundary and Notting Hill Gate is on
the zone 1/2 boundary so a journey between them would be treated as all in
zone 2. Notting Hill Gate and Earls Court are both on the zone 1/2
boundary but to in travelling between them you will travel through High
Street Kensington which is zone 1. Then once you get beyond East Putney you
are in zone 3. So you need a travelcard covering zones 1+2+3.

Old November 9th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:56:39 -0000, "Graham J"
wrote:

Commuting between North Acton and Wimbledon (both 3rd zone),
and exchanging at Notting Hill Gate (zone 1 or 2?),
a Travelcard for zone 3 only or for zone 2+3 (1+2+3?) must be
purchased?

The travelcard required is based on the zones travelled through. I believe
North Acton is actually on the zone 2/3 boundary and Notting Hill Gate is on
the zone 1/2 boundary so a journey between them would be treated as all in
zone 2. Notting Hill Gate and Earls Court are both on the zone 1/2
boundary but to in travelling between them you will travel through High
Street Kensington which is zone 1. Then once you get beyond East Putney you
are in zone 3. So you need a travelcard covering zones 1+2+3.

Thank you again Graham

Old November 9th 04, 11:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Graham J" wrote in message ...
Commuting between North Acton and Wimbledon (both 3rd zone),
and exchanging at Notting Hill Gate (zone 1 or 2?),
a Travelcard for zone 3 only or for zone 2+3 (1+2+3?) must be
purchased?

The travelcard required is based on the zones travelled through. I believe
North Acton is actually on the zone 2/3 boundary and Notting Hill Gate is on
the zone 1/2 boundary so a journey between them would be treated as all in
zone 2. Notting Hill Gate and Earls Court are both on the zone 1/2
boundary but to in travelling between them you will travel through High
Street Kensington which is zone 1. Then once you get beyond East Putney you
are in zone 3. So you need a travelcard covering zones 1+2+3.

Don't forget that the new station on the West London Line at Shepherds
Bush should be opening soon (current estimates range from February to
Summer 2005) at which point you can use Central Line from North Acton
to Shepherds Bush, West London Line to either Clapham Junction then
SWT or West Brompton then District Line to Wimbledon (and you only
need a zones 2 + 3 travelcard)
Old November 10th 04, 07:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

(Simon Clarke) wrote in message . com...

Don't forget that the new station on the West London Line at Shepherds
Bush should be opening soon (current estimates range from February to
Summer 2005)

Where abouts are they building a new station, I didn't notice one a
couple of weeks ago when I travelled that route.

Kevin

Old November 10th 04, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
SC SC is offline

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
(Simon Clarke) wrote in message

. com...

Don't forget that the new station on the West London Line at Shepherds
Bush should be opening soon (current estimates range from February to
Summer 2005)

Where abouts are they building a new station, I didn't notice one a
couple of weeks ago when I travelled that route.

Kevin

They are building two new stations - one at Imperial Wharf and one at
Shepherds Bush. The opening date seems to change every time I look, but the
last London Connections map I looked at has both stations marked with an
'Opening Summer 2005' note attached.

The map at:
http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Council_Servi...aps/map_18.htm
shows the lcoation of the new station (assuming it hasn't changed) to be
adjacent to the north side of the roundabout, so very close to the Central
Line station (not sure if a direct connection will be built, or whether
interchange will be via the street)

Regards,
Simon.

Old November 10th 04, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I guess it's also possible via Ealing Broadway - Acton Town - Earl's
Court.

Yes it is possible, with or without a change to the Piccadilly Line at Acton
Town.

journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk state that requires approx 10 min' more and
a bus interchange... not sure if can be travelled with a zone 3 only
travelcard...

You would need a 2+3 Travelcard in that instance as you would be passing
through zone 2 from Turnham Green to Earl's Court to East Putney.