Old October 20th 07, 03:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default OT- Thames Barrier Park

One of the more bizarre aerial photos I've found... reminiscent of a
Mondrian. Now that Google Earth has entered into the common consciousness,
developers will start to spend as much time worrying about the view from
above as they do about the view from the ground, and we will see more and
more of this sort of thing.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...1553&encType=1

Old October 20th 07, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , John Rowland
writes

One of the more bizarre aerial photos I've found... reminiscent of a
Mondrian. Now that Google Earth has entered into the common consciousness,
developers will start to spend as much time worrying about the view from
above as they do about the view from the ground, and we will see more and
more of this sort of thing.

In that case, they too might win a prize:

http://www.gardenvisit.com/landscape...rrier-park.htm

--
Paul Terry
Old October 21st 07, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007, John Rowland wrote:

One of the more bizarre aerial photos I've found... reminiscent of a
Mondrian. Now that Google Earth has entered into the common
consciousness, developers will start to spend as much time worrying
about the view from above as they do about the view from the ground, and
we will see more and more of this sort of thing.

What, like at New Providence Wharf (upriver a bit, opposite the Dome -
can't figure out how to do direct links for Live maps, and it's been built
over on Google's pics)?

Or here - trust the gas board to write it upside-down:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=new+...&t=k&z=18&om=1

?

tom

--
Weird is Cool -- Naomi Clarke
Old October 21st 07, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007, Paul Terry wrote:

In message , John Rowland
writes

One of the more bizarre aerial photos I've found... reminiscent of a
Mondrian.

http://www.gardenvisit.com/landscape...rrier-park.htm

Is it true the park is now surrounded by a fence? Why? How can you get
into it?

tom

--
Weird is Cool -- Naomi Clarke
Old October 22nd 07, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 03:36:55PM +0100, John Rowland wrote:

One of the more bizarre aerial photos I've found... reminiscent of a
Mondrian. Now that Google Earth has entered into the common consciousness,

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...1553&encType=1

I take it that I'm not the only one to be amused that John talked about
Google Maps but posted a link to something completely different that
didn't work.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

Fashion label: n: a liferaft for personalities
which lack intrinsic buoyancy

Old October 22nd 07, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Cantrell wrote:
On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 03:36:55PM +0100, John Rowland wrote:

One of the more bizarre aerial photos I've found... reminiscent of a
Mondrian. Now that Google Earth has entered into the common
consciousness, ...

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...1553&encType=1

I take it that I'm not the only one to be amused that John talked
about Google Maps but posted a link to something completely different
that didn't work.

It works for me, but you can try this.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...&t=k&z=17&om=1