Old October 30th 07, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Staff passes on the Overground

The intranet says that all staff passes in their various forms will be
valid all over the overground after 11/11/2007. That seems a bit
sudden - I mean there was no warning about it. It's good news, but I
would like confirmation.

Old October 30th 07, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:00:26 -0000, Offramp
wrote:

The intranet says that all staff passes in their various forms will be
valid all over the overground after 11/11/2007. That seems a bit
sudden - I mean there was no warning about it. It's good news, but I
would like confirmation.

We've already had a long thread on this issue a couple of weeks ago.

The notice says that TfL Staff and Dependent and Retired passes are
valid on the new Overground concession - i.e. the North London Railway
services comprising the following.

Barking - Gospel Oak.
Stratford - Richmond
Euston - Watford Junction (nothing new here)
Willesden Junction - Clapham Junction.

There is currently a query about whether TfL Staff Passes are valid on
the Southern service between Watford - Harrow &W - Clapham Junction. One
person has said yes and an internal TfL document said no. At present I
have no firm knowledge one way or the other on this point.

There is no extension of TfL staff pass validity to any other
(overground in common parlance) NR line and existing historical staff
pass NR validities remain the same.

HTH
--
Paul C
Old November 2nd 07, 03:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30 Oct, 15:00, Offramp wrote:
The intranet says that all staff passes in their various forms will be
valid all over the overground after 11/11/2007. That seems a bit
sudden - I mean there was no warning about it. It's good news, but I
would like confirmation.

Hi there,
I work for Silverlink soon to be LOROL and the first that we knew
about the staff passes was 2 weeks ago when we got the application
forms..

Dazz285

Old November 2nd 07, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dazz285 wrote:
On 30 Oct, 15:00, Offramp wrote:
The intranet says that all staff passes in their various forms
will be valid all over the overground after 11/11/2007. That seems
a bit sudden - I mean there was no warning about it. It's good
news, but I would like confirmation.

Hi there,
I work for Silverlink soon to be LOROL and the first that we knew
about the staff passes was 2 weeks ago when we got the application
forms..

For anyone who doesn't know what LOROL is (including me until 5 minutes
ago), it's the new name for MTR-Laing, the operator of London Overground
from 11 November 2007. LOROL stands for London Overground Rail
Operations Limited. Site at http://www.lorol.co.uk
--
Richard J.

Old November 3rd 07, 12:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2 Nov, 22:12, "Richard J." wrote:
Dazz285 wrote:
On 30 Oct, 15:00, Offramp wrote:
The intranet says that all staff passes in their various forms
will be valid all over the overground after 11/11/2007. That seems
a bit sudden - I mean there was no warning about it. It's good
news, but I would like confirmation.

Hi there,
I work for Silverlink soon to be LOROL and the first that we knew
about the staff passes was 2 weeks ago when we got the application
forms..

For anyone who doesn't know what LOROL is (including me until 5 minutes
ago), it's the new name for MTR-Laing, the operator of London Overground
from 11 November 2007. LOROL stands for London Overground Rail
Operations Limited. Site at http://www.lorol.co.uk

And it unfortunately sounds a bit too much like loo roll.

Old November 3rd 07, 04:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 3 Nov, 01:06, Mizter T wrote:
On 2 Nov, 22:12, "Richard J." wrote:

Dazz285 wrote:
On 30 Oct, 15:00, Offramp wrote:
The intranet says that all staff passes in their various forms
will be valid all over the overground after 11/11/2007. That seems
a bit sudden - I mean there was no warning about it. It's good
news, but I would like confirmation.

Hi there,
I work for Silverlink soon to be LOROL and the first that we knew
about the staff passes was 2 weeks ago when we got the application
forms..

For anyone who doesn't know what LOROL is (including me until 5 minutes
ago), it's the new name for MTR-Laing, the operator of London Overground
from 11 November 2007. LOROL stands for London Overground Rail
Operations Limited. Site athttp://www.lorol.co.uk

And it unfortunately sounds a bit too much like loo roll.- Hide quoted text -

That's what the lads and work have been saying ;-) ... tut tut ... all
ready going down the toilet ;-)
Dazz285

Old November 4th 07, 06:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 3, 1:06 am, Mizter T wrote:
On 2 Nov, 22:12, "Richard J." wrote:

Dazz285 wrote:
On 30 Oct, 15:00, Offramp wrote:
The intranet says that all staff passes in their various forms
will be valid all over the overground after 11/11/2007. That seems
a bit sudden - I mean there was no warning about it. It's good
news, but I would like confirmation.

Hi there,
I work for Silverlink soon to be LOROL and the first that we knew
about the staff passes was 2 weeks ago when we got the application
forms..

For anyone who doesn't know what LOROL is (including me until 5 minutes
ago), it's the new name for MTR-Laing, the operator of London Overground
from 11 November 2007. LOROL stands for London Overground Rail
Operations Limited. Site athttp://www.lorol.co.uk

And it unfortunately sounds a bit too much like loo roll.- Hide quoted text -

I thought it looked like internet-speak for REALLY laughing a lot.

Old November 4th 07, 12:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 00:51:11 -0700, Offramp
wrote:

On Nov 3, 1:06 am, Mizter T wrote:
On 2 Nov, 22:12, "Richard J." wrote:

Dazz285 wrote:
On 30 Oct, 15:00, Offramp wrote:
The intranet says that all staff passes in their various forms
will be valid all over the overground after 11/11/2007. That seems
a bit sudden - I mean there was no warning about it. It's good
news, but I would like confirmation.

Hi there,
I work for Silverlink soon to be LOROL and the first that we knew
about the staff passes was 2 weeks ago when we got the application
forms..

For anyone who doesn't know what LOROL is (including me until 5 minutes
ago), it's the new name for MTR-Laing, the operator of London Overground
from 11 November 2007. LOROL stands for London Overground Rail
Operations Limited. Site athttp://www.lorol.co.uk

And it unfortunately sounds a bit too much like loo roll.- Hide quoted text -

I thought it looked like internet-speak for REALLY laughing a lot.

Well, I know LOL and ROFL and ROTFLOL (and even ROTFLMAO), so I guess
LOROL must be "laughing on the railway out loud" -- which sounds like
it ought to be a violayion of the byelaws
Old November 4th 07, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On Nov 3, 1:06 am, Mizter T wrote:
On 2 Nov, 22:12, "Richard J." wrote:

Dazz285 wrote:
On 30 Oct, 15:00, Offramp wrote:
[...]

it ought to be a violation of the byelaws

LOROL!

Old November 6th 07, 07:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , James Farrar
writes
ROTFLMAO

Used to be Conor's standard answer to almost anything.
--
Clive.