Old April 28th 04, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Freedom Passes and South Central

Anyone know if they are ever going to bother sorting out the software
problem which prevents Freedom Pass holders from using gates at some South
Central stations including East Croydon and Victoria?

They did say to me it would be sorted out by the 24th April. But of course
it hasn't.

--
You Know Who

Old April 28th 04, 11:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"You know who" wrote in message
Anyone know if they are ever going to bother sorting out the software
problem which prevents Freedom Pass holders from using gates at some South
Central stations including East Croydon and Victoria?

They did say to me it would be sorted out by the 24th April. But of

course
it hasn't.

--
You Know Who

I didn't have any problems with mine last time I went to East Croydon and
that was nearly ayear ago.
--
Cheerz,
Baz

Old April 30th 04, 12:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Marratxi" wrote in message

"You know who" wrote in message
Anyone know if they are ever going to bother sorting out the software
problem which prevents Freedom Pass holders from using gates at some

South
Central stations including East Croydon and Victoria?

They did say to me it would be sorted out by the 24th April. But of

course
it hasn't.

--
You Know Who

I didn't have any problems with mine last time I went to East Croydon and
that was nearly ayear ago.
--
Cheerz,
Baz

I'm talking about the new smart passes and the readers which don't work.
Bloody hell, at least in Northern Ireland when they introduced their new
smart pass system on public transport it worked properly. But maybe because
they tested it there. Where as here. nothing seems to be tested.

You know who

Old April 30th 04, 01:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"You know who" wrote the following in:

Where
as here. nothing seems to be tested.

You know who

CJG? The single sentence split into two for no apparent reason is
typical of his work.

--
message by Robin May, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.
Old April 30th 04, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin May" wrote in message
.4...
"You know who" wrote the following in:

Where
as here. nothing seems to be tested.

You know who

CJG? The single sentence split into two for no apparent reason is
typical of his work.

--
message by Robin May, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.

A would call that a typo.

Old April 30th 04, 06:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Oh to have a single transport organisation!

Ok LUL could have done better on the tube itself but they have no control
over the Train Operators or Network Rail and their own gadgets.

Old April 30th 04, 08:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Don't be silly! are you really expecting them to do both at the same time?
:-)))

"Barry Salter" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:06:04 +0100, "SJCWHUK"
wrote:

Oh to have a single transport organisation!

Ok LUL could have done better on the tube itself but they have no control
over the Train Operators or Network Rail and their own gadgets.

That may be so, but the 'gadgets' in question are supplied by Cubic,
just like the TfL ones, so you would have thought they'd be compatible.
Unless, of course, the SouthCentral ones haven't had the firmware
patched to accept Oyster-based Freedom Passes or something...

Cya,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, barry at southie dot me dot uk
Read uk.* newsgroups? Read uk.net.news.announce!

DISCLAIMER: The above comments do not necessarily represent the
views of my employers.

Old May 1st 04, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

You know who wrote:

Anyone know if they are ever going to bother sorting out the software
problem which prevents Freedom Pass holders from using gates at some South
Central stations including East Croydon and Victoria?

They did say to me it would be sorted out by the 24th April. But of course
it hasn't.

The gates at West Croydon were accepting Freedom Passes today.

--
John Ray, London UK.