Old November 19th 07, 03:53 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport.london

Default After the Ball is over - Waterloo International closes Ebbsfleetopens

On 19 Nov, 16:46, James Farrar wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7101240.stm

First impressions anybody?

Well, the first impression comes from the pedant in me, who is amused
that for possibly the first time, he has seen the word "pedant"
misused in the wrong direction...

"From what Eurostar has said, we are convinced that Ashford actually
pays its way, but they're taking seven out of 11 of our trains. What's
that going to do to us if it's not going to decimate us?"

the word "decimate", surely? unless your paragraph above is a very
elaborate self-referential joke...

JB

Old November 20th 07, 05:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:53:13 -0800 (PST), John B
wrote:

On 19 Nov, 16:46, James Farrar wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7101240.stm

First impressions anybody?

Well, the first impression comes from the pedant in me, who is amused
that for possibly the first time, he has seen the word "pedant"
misused in the wrong direction...

"From what Eurostar has said, we are convinced that Ashford actually
pays its way, but they're taking seven out of 11 of our trains. What's
that going to do to us if it's not going to decimate us?"

the word "decimate", surely? unless your paragraph above is a very
elaborate self-referential joke...

I'm a pedant, just clearly an ineffective one at that time in the
afternoon

Brain fart