Old November 11th 07, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default North London Line information

Anyone have a link to travel information about the N London Line please?

Silverlink's site with real time information disappeared (naturally
enough) last night.

I can find nothing on the TFL site. (After all the trumpeting about
improvements that is not a good start.)
--
Robin

Old November 11th 07, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Nov, 09:41, "Robin"
wrote:
Anyone have a link to travel information about the N London Line please?

Silverlink's site with real time information disappeared (naturally
enough) last night.

I can find nothing on the TFL site. (After all the trumpeting about
improvements that is not a good start.)
--
Robin

It is indeed surprising that there's no train running or engineering
information on the TfL website yet - there is a London Overground page
at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/5011.aspx, but it's still the
pre-launch version.

My only guess is that there might be some public launch of London
Overground today or tomorrow and the full website section might only
go live after that happens. But that's pure speculation on my part.

However in the meantime one can get running information on the London
Overground lines from the National Rail website, via the following
methods...

Live Departure Boards - enter a starting station:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/5011.aspx

Current service alterations - text search the page for "Overground"::
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/today.html

Planned engineering works - again text search the page for "London
Overground":
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/
currentAndFuture.html

Today there is the normal half-hourly sunday service on the North
London Line, and no part of the line is closed. There is also a normal
half-hourly sunday service on the GOBLIN and the all-stations Watford
Jn to Euston line.

Next weekend on both saturday and sunday (17th & 18th Nov) the North
London Line service will be suspended due to engineering works between
Acton Central and Richmond and a replacement bus service will operate.

Old November 11th 07, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Overground lines from the National Rail website, via the following
methods...

Many thanks. It did not occur to me to look at
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ They do have information - eg
http://www.livedepartureboards.co.uk...dep.aspx?T=HMN

Live Departure Boards - enter a starting station:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/5011.aspx

I could not find N London Line there. I may be missing the link. And
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...partureboards/ does not cover
overground. But...

Current service alterations - text search the page for "Overground"::
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/today.html

Planned engineering works - again text search the page for "London
Overground":
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/
currentAndFuture.html

Yes, thanks.

--
Robin

Old November 11th 07, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 11, 9:41 am, "Robin"
wrote:
Anyone have a link to travel information about the N London Line please?

Silverlink's site with real time information disappeared (naturally
enough) last night.

I can find nothing on the TFL site. (After all the trumpeting about
improvements that is not a good start.)
--
Robin

Timetables can now be downloaded from the 'getting around' section of
the TfL site.
And in the 'Live Travel News' section stuff about LO can now be found
under 'rail'.

Old November 11th 07, 10:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Nov, 11:21, "Robin"
wrote:
Overground lines from the National Rail website, via the following
methods...

Many thanks. It did not occur to me to look at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ They do have information - eg
http://www.livedepartureboards.co.uk...dep.aspx?T=HMN

The above page is what's called a Live Departure Board (LDB) - and
that's what I was trying and failing to draw to your attention here,
because I stupidly copy-and-pasted the wrong URL...

Live Departure Boards - enter a starting station:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/5011.aspx

I could not find N London Line there. I may be missing the link. And
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...partureboards/ does not cover
overground. But...

....so of course you couldn't find any information via the link I gave
because it was the wrong link - d'oh - sorry for the confusion.

The National Rail Live Departure Boards (LDBs) can be found by
following this (correct!) link:
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ldb/

The LDBs, as you have found out, give information for individual
stations.

Meanwhile the TfL departure boards page does not (yet) give any
information for London Overground services.

Current service alterations - text search the page for "Overground"::
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/today.html

Planned engineering works - again text search the page for "London
Overground":
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/currentAndFuture.html

Yes, thanks.

--
Robin

Old November 11th 07, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 11, 11:48 am, Mizter T wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...ureboards/does not cover
overground. But...

...so of course you couldn't find any information via the link I gave
because it was the wrong link - d'oh - sorry for the confusion.

The National Rail Live Departure Boards (LDBs) can be found by
following this (correct!) link:
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ldb/

The LDBs, as you have found out, give information for individual
stations.

Meanwhile the TfL departure boards page does not (yet) give any
information for London Overground services.

Nor does it yet for the Central, Circle, District, East London, H&C,
Piccadilly or W&C lines!

Old November 11th 07, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Nov, 12:11, umpston wrote:
On Nov 11, 11:48 am, Mizter T wrote:

(snip)

Meanwhile the TfL departure boards page does not (yet) give any
information for London Overground services.

Nor does it yet for the Central, Circle, District, East London, H&C,
Piccadilly or W&C lines!

Indeed.

AIUI we'll have to wait for the signalling upgrade for anything as
advanced as that on the District and Circle lines at least. Don't
think anyone really needs it for the W&C though!

All I meant to indicate was that the National Rail LDB system is
already in place and up and running, so it would be very easy to
incorporate LDBs for LO stations into that TfL webpage.

Old November 11th 07, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 03:34:02 -0800, umpston wrote:

On Nov 11, 9:41 am, "Robin"
wrote:
Anyone have a link to travel information about the N London Line please?

Silverlink's site with real time information disappeared (naturally
enough) last night.

I can find nothing on the TFL site. (After all the trumpeting about
improvements that is not a good start.)
--
Robin

Timetables can now be downloaded from the 'getting around' section of
the TfL site.
And in the 'Live Travel News' section stuff about LO can now be found
under 'rail'.

And there is now an updated Overground section of the TfL website with
more info plus copies of new promotional leaflets. There is also stuff
on PAYG on London Overground in the tickets section. Regrettably the
link to the PAYG "valid lines" diagram still points to an old map.
--
Paul C

Old November 11th 07, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
[...]

It is a pity this page does not have direct links to the detailed LO
timetables and live travel news published elsewhere on the TfL site.

Old November 11th 07, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

And there is now an updated Overground section of the TfL website with
more info plus copies of new promotional leaflets. There is also
stuff
on PAYG on London Overground in the tickets section. Regrettably the
link to the PAYG "valid lines" diagram still points to an old map.

I was also surprised that by the map of the overground at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...Overground.pdf to
which there is a link on page
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/5011.aspx. That shows wheelchair
access to the N London Line at Highbury & Islington. Have they hidden
lifts to both platforms somewhere? If not, is it possibly to a map of
the overground as it *will be* in 2010 rather than as it is now?

--
Robin