Old November 13th 07, 05:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ex Silverlink

Now Silverlink no longer exist how do we refer to the trains that run out of
Euston or is that what we now call them. Also does anybody know if oyster is
now in use at Watford because the staff haven't a clue.

Kevin

Old November 13th 07, 07:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Nov, 07:32, "Zen83237" wrote:
Now Silverlink no longer exist how do we refer to the trains that run out of
Euston or is that what we now call them. Also does anybody know if oyster is
now in use at Watford because the staff haven't a clue.

a) London Overground or London Midland, depending on whether they're
the local stopping trains that terminate at Watford or the semi-fast
ones that go on to Milton Keynes, Northampton, etc.

b) yes for London Overground, yes for Southern, no for London Midland.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old November 13th 07, 07:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Zen83237 wrote:
Now Silverlink no longer exist how do we refer to the trains that run
out of Euston or is that what we now call them.

Do they still have "Harlequin Line" written on them?

Old November 13th 07, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Nov, 08:36, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Zen83237 wrote:
Now Silverlink no longer exist how do we refer to the trains that run
out of Euston or is that what we now call them.

Do they still have "Harlequin Line" written on them?

No.

Old November 13th 07, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 13, 6:32 am, "Zen83237" wrote:

Also does anybody know if oyster is
now in use at Watford because the staff haven't a clue.

LOROL!

Old November 13th 07, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Nov, 15:17, Offramp wrote:
On Nov 13, 6:32 am, "Zen83237" wrote:

Also does anybody know if oyster is
now in use at Watford because the staff haven't a clue.

LOROL!

Ho ho! I think this one might just run and run... unless there's a
fire at Hackney Downs in which case trains will be turned short at
Dalston Kingsland.

Old November 13th 07, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Zen83237" wrote in message

Also does anybody know if oyster is now in use at Watford because the
staff haven't a clue.

Yes - it works fine, just like anywhere else, all I need now is for journey
history to become alive again, then I'll know how much it cost. The Southern
guard was completely underwhelmed by PAYG as well, so obviously he knew all
about it, and had his hand held reader to check my PAYG entry was ok.

This is bound to have been asked before, but presumably if you are leaving
onto the street via the barriers, the platform readers are an irrelevance,
but I saw a few people touching out twice, once on platform, and once at the
barriers - I guess this is allowed for in the software?

Paul

Old November 13th 07, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"Zen83237" wrote in message
Now Silverlink no longer exist how do we refer to the trains that run out
of Euston or is that what we now call them. Also does anybody know if
oyster is now in use at Watford because the staff haven't a clue.

Kevin

It kind of reminds me of the RER.

Old November 13th 07, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 13, 3:43 pm, Mizter T wrote:
On 13 Nov, 15:17, Offramp wrote:

On Nov 13, 6:32 am, "Zen83237" wrote:

Also does anybody know if oyster is
now in use at Watford because the staff haven't a clue.

LOROL!

Ho ho! I think this one might just run and run... unless there's a
fire at Hackney Downs in which case trains will be turned short at
Dalston Kingsland.

It's bloody flip funny, though. It eeally looks like an internet
abbreviation...

Old November 13th 07, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Nov, 19:26, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Zen83237" wrote:

Also does anybody know if oyster is now in use at Watford because the
staff haven't a clue.

Yes - it works fine, just like anywhere else, all I need now is for journey
history to become alive again, then I'll know how much it cost. The Southern
guard was completely underwhelmed by PAYG as well, so obviously he knew all
about it, and had his hand held reader to check my PAYG entry was ok.

Splendid, a report from the front line. I have absolutely read your
posts elsewhere in which you state the new London Overground timetable
booklet says Oyster PAYG is good for journeys on fast London Midland
trains to/from Watford Jn - but I'm wondering if we have any secondary
confirmation of that yet?

Also I'm wondering whether the Wembley Central hole has been plugged
at all - i.e. whether there are yet Oyster readers to cater for
journeys to/from platforms 3-6, as there should be.

This is bound to have been asked before, but presumably if you are leaving
onto the street via the barriers, the platform readers are an irrelevance,
but I saw a few people touching out twice, once on platform, and once at the
barriers - I guess this is allowed for in the software?

Paul

I don't think it matters. There are plenty of stations where there are
Oyster readers within the gatelines, to cater for people transferring
from National Rail trains, so plenty of opportunity to touch-in or out
twice. The system would appear to tolerate it. In future I'll
endeavour to test this more thoroughly (i.e. touch-in/out twice) to
test my hypothesis!