Old December 24th 07, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,soc.men

Default London Underground Ventilation Shafts

"John Rowland" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:

I'll keep an eye out for more fanshafts and email you when I find
them.

That sounds really exciting lol

I found an impressive beast today... I thought it was an abservatory
telescope housing when I first saw it. I'm not sure if it's a substation
or a fanshaft.

Looks like a fallout shelter to me circa 1960

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...9243&encType=1

Old December 24th 07, 11:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,soc.men

Avenger wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...
John Rowland wrote:

I'll keep an eye out for more fanshafts and email you when I find
them.

That sounds really exciting lol

I found an impressive beast today... I thought it was an abservatory
telescope housing when I first saw it. I'm not sure if it's a
substation or a fanshaft.

Looks like a fallout shelter to me circa 1960

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...9243&encType=1

It's directly over the Jubilee Line, and the signs on it are London
Underground's.