Old November 23rd 07, 06:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default CLJ PAYG and Southern..

I saw a sign on platform 15 saying that PAYG was not valid for any
journeys from platform 15. I dont think it could be a penalty fare area
as you might want to use the cafe on your way to Overground, but it was
menacing ;-)

I thought PAYG would be perfectly valid on Southern from CLJ to West
Brompton for example..

Am I (as usual) missing something...

mf

Old November 23rd 07, 07:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 07:40:33 +0000, Mystery Flyer wrote:

I saw a sign on platform 15 saying that PAYG was not valid for any
journeys from platform 15. I dont think it could be a penalty fare area
as you might want to use the cafe on your way to Overground, but it was
menacing ;-)

I thought PAYG would be perfectly valid on Southern from CLJ to West
Brompton for example..

Am I (as usual) missing something...

Yes. Those services leave from platform 16 or 17.
Old November 23rd 07, 07:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Nov 23, 8:04 am, asdf wrote:
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 07:40:33 +0000, Mystery Flyer wrote:
I saw a sign on platform 15 saying that PAYG was not valid for any
journeys from platform 15. I dont think it could be a penalty fare area
as you might want to use the cafe on your way to Overground, but it was
menacing ;-)

I thought PAYG would be perfectly valid on Southern from CLJ to West
Brompton for example..

Am I (as usual) missing something...

Yes. Those services leave from platform 16 or 17.

And in any case, isn't 15 generally the platform for stopping services
heading south? Presumably it's to discourage people from continuing
their journey from West Brompton etc.
Old November 23rd 07, 09:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mystery Flyer" wrote in message
I saw a sign on platform 15 saying that PAYG was not valid for any journeys
from platform 15. I dont think it could be a penalty fare area as you might
want to use the cafe on your way to Overground, but it was menacing ;-)

I thought PAYG would be perfectly valid on Southern from CLJ to West
Brompton for example..

Am I (as usual) missing something...

You've missed platforms 16&17, where there are tracks connected to the WLL
(for Southern's trains)...

Paul S

Old December 5th 07, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 23 Nov, 10:20, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Mystery Flyer" wrote in message

I saw a sign on platform 15 saying that PAYG was not valid for any journeys
from platform 15. I dont think it could be a penalty fare area as you might
want to use the cafe on your way to Overground, but it was menacing ;-)

I thought PAYG would be perfectly valid on Southern from CLJ to West
Brompton for example..

Am I (as usual) missing something...

You've missed platforms 16&17, where there are tracks connected to the WLL
(for Southern's trains)...

Paul S

What is amusing is the number of people touching in on the reader on
plat 16 and then travelling off on trains from plat 15 despite the
posters announcements etc.... Ken must love it as they get charged the
max cash fare for a journey they technically didnt make!