Old November 26th 07, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL Journey Planner

On 26 Nov, 00:05, Mizter T wrote:

What frustrates me most at the moment is its insistence on checking
exactly what you meant. If I typed New Cross, and selected the
'Station or stop' button, chances are I want New Cross station, and
not New Cross Gate Sainsbury's or New Malden/Holy Cross School or
numerous junctions on New Cross Road.

Type in "New Cross station" and you'll avoid this problem.

I know that, and that's what I do now... The point is that I shouldn't
have to (and never did in the past).

Old November 30th 07, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 Nov, 00:09, SamB wrote:

On 26 Nov, 00:05, Mizter T wrote:

What frustrates me most at the moment is its insistence on checking
exactly what you meant. If I typed New Cross, and selected the
'Station or stop' button, chances are I want New Cross station, and
not New Cross Gate Sainsbury's or New Malden/Holy Cross School or
numerous junctions on New Cross Road.

Type in "New Cross station" and you'll avoid this problem.

I know that, and that's what I do now... The point is that I shouldn't
have to (and never did in the past).

Try giving it the address "Custom House Reach, Odessa Street,
Rotherhithe" and it responds by asking which bit of Rotherhithe
Street you want!

Try again, dropping the word Rotherhithe and just asking for "Custom
House Reach, Odessa Street". Now it wants to know which bit of
Abchurch Lane! Where did that come from? I didn't use the words
"Abchurch" or "Lane" in the address, so why does it think I want to go
there!?!
Old November 30th 07, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

solar penguin wrote:

Try giving it the address "Custom House Reach, Odessa Street,
Rotherhithe" and it responds by asking which bit of Rotherhithe
Street you want!

Try again, dropping the word Rotherhithe and just asking for "Custom
House Reach, Odessa Street". Now it wants to know which bit of
Abchurch Lane! Where did that come from? I didn't use the words
"Abchurch" or "Lane" in the address, so why does it think I want to go
there!?!

I get Abchurch Lane very frequently as well. It's probably the first road in
its database.

What annoys me is when you pick, say, "Kennington Lane (middle)" to
somewhere, and you don't like the results and you have to step back and do
the same route with slightly different parameters. It then automatically
turns "Kennington Lane (middle)" into "Middle Lane".

Another one is where you start from "Park Lane (x) Oxford Street", and again
you don't like the results and step back to redo it, and it automatically
turns "Park Lane (x) Oxford Street" into "Park Street".
(Both of these examples are done with sample roads, I can't recall which
actual roads cause the problem, but I have got both errors numerous times
with different roads.)