London Banter

-   -   Lack of GOBLin connections (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5915-lack-goblin-connections.html)

Richard J.[_2_] November 28th 07 04:51 PM

Lack of GOBLin connections

Matthew Dickinson wrote:
On 28 Nov, 14:40, "Richard J." wrote:
wrote:
when the line passes over the Central Line and Chiltern Railways
Ruislip branch, it is only a few hundred yards from North Acton
station, yet again no interchange is possible, despite
long-standing plans for such a facility here.

Plans? Are you sure? If so, where can I find them? Or do you just
mean "dreams"?

--
Richard J.

Ealing Council list it in their plans:

page 117 of
http://www.ealing.gov.uk/ealing3/exp...Chapter_08.pdf

Not *their* plans. In (?)2005, they included it in the list of things they
wanted Crossrail to plan, but as we know it hasn't been included. They
didn't actually mention North Acton in that context, only a Crossrail
station and by implication one on the NLL. I would be very interested in
seeing any detailed planning for it, but I'm not aware that any has been
done.
--
Richard J.

[email protected] November 28th 07 05:37 PM

Lack of GOBLin connections

Erm the GOBLIN's bay platform is on the westbound NLL platform isn't it?

Yes if you're going WB from the GobLin to the NLL, the interchange is
awkward via street level, if you're EB it's virtually cross-platform,

Mr Thant November 28th 07 06:07 PM

Lack of GOBLin connections

On 28 Nov, 11:09, wrote:
A similar critiscm can be made of the North London Line, that other
jewel in TFL's crown....

I think it's better if you look at how many of the lines it meets it
interchanges with, rather than by station. I get scores of 7 of 12
tube/DLR lines (including 3 at Stratford), 6 of 9 inner suburban
services, and unsurprisingly 0 of 7 outer surburban/intercity
services.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

David Biddulph November 28th 07 06:19 PM

Lack of GOBLin connections

wrote in message

Erm the GOBLIN's bay platform is on the westbound NLL platform isn't
it?

Yes if you're going WB from the GobLin to the NLL, the interchange is
awkward via street level, if you're EB it's virtually cross-platform,

So in response to the question which you quoted, I think the answer you
intended was "No", rather than "Yes"?
--
David Biddulph

John Rowland November 28th 07 07:34 PM

Lack of GOBLin connections

wrote:
[...]

Ealing Council bid for government funding to perform design work. I don't
know if they got it.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...?200728#OldOak

Peter Lawrence November 28th 07 08:51 PM

Lack of GOBLin connections

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:07:31 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Since PAYG was extended to the Overground there are 3 new valid out of
station interchanges for PAYG purposes. These are

West Hampstead LU / West Hampstead NLL / West Hampstead Thameslink

Upper Holloway / Archway LU

Leytonstone High Road / Leytonstone LU.

Presumably South Tottenham/Seven Sisters is not regarded as a
reasonable interchange?

--
Peter Lawrence

Colin Rosenstiel December 1st 07 03:44 PM

Lack of GOBLin connections

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

wrote:
A similar critiscm can be made of the North London Line, that
other jewel in TFL's crown....
snip
Further isolated stations are at Homerton and Hackney Wick before
finally, a triumphal return to a fully-integrated site is made at
Stratford.

... but not fully integrated with the Stratford HSL1 station.

Not that there is anything there to integrate with, nor will be for some
years.

--
Colin Rosenstiel