Old January 2nd 08, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Railcard discounts on Oyster Prepay

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:41:09 -0800 (PST), Matthew Dickinson wrote:

Annual Gold card discounts would be trivial to implement, but I guess
that they think they are all Zones 1-6 anyway.

Network card discount would only matter at the weekend.

Family railcard, partner and groupsave discounts couldn't be
intrdouced within the existing products.

I would think they could only be implemented either as

i) pre-loaded "stored journey rights" (i think only possible with ITSO
not oyster)

or

ii) end of day rebating (mooted previously on Usenet for the probably
apocryphal weekly "best value" capping.)

Thanks for this response. I completely forgot I'd posted this query
until just now, whoops.

The Annual Gold Card part really sounds like a silly oversight. I hope
they rectify that before we finally get PAYG here on Southeastern's
network next year!

And I guess I'll be sticking to paper tickets for the foreseeable future
for my £4.80 all zones travelcard when I go into London with my wife.

Paul

Old January 2nd 08, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Speller" wrote in message
[...]

I don't think it is an oversight - as it basically works as a 'free Network
Card' for annual season ticket holders, I suspect the absence of Gold Cards
from the scheme has to be seen in the same light as the (presumed
intentional) lack of a discount for Network Card holders...

Paul