Old August 28th 03, 02:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Driverless trains.

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message , Ed Crowley
writes

There have also been cases where people have broken into
drivers cabs and beaten them up.

Really? I've never heard of that before. What's your source for this
information?

It happened a couple of weeks ago when a Jubilee driver was assaulted at
Bermondsey and required hospital treatment.

I think you'll find it was in the Evening Standard.

Sh*t. I always thought those doors to the drivers' cab looked pretty solid.

Old August 28th 03, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Ed Crowley
writes

There have also been cases where people have broken into
drivers cabs and beaten them up.

Really? I've never heard of that before. What's your source for this
information?

It happened a couple of weeks ago when a Jubilee driver was assaulted at
Bermondsey and required hospital treatment.

I think you'll find it was in the Evening Standard.

Sh*t. I always thought those doors to the drivers' cab looked pretty solid.

The emergency access to the cab is by way of removing a plastic flap -
hardly a great challenge, even for the hard of thinking it appears.
Old August 28th 03, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
It happened a couple of weeks ago when a Jubilee driver was assaulted
at Bermondsey and required hospital treatment.

This is true. LU was screwing around with commuters as per usual. Trains
delayed. One of the commuters took it personally.
--
CJG
Old August 28th 03, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message
In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
It happened a couple of weeks ago when a Jubilee driver was assaulted
at Bermondsey and required hospital treatment.

This is true. LU was screwing around with commuters as per usual. Trains
delayed. One of the commuters took it personally.
--
CJG

I bet that really speeded up everyone's journey.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old August 28th 03, 10:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG wrote the following in:

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
It happened a couple of weeks ago when a Jubilee driver was
assaulted at Bermondsey and required hospital treatment.

This is true. LU was screwing around with commuters as per usual.
Trains delayed. One of the commuters took it personally.

Disgusting that you'd defend such behaviour. In fact, it's so
disgusting, I think I'll go round to your house and beat you up. But
you annoyed me, so it's ok to do that, isn't it?

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.

Old August 28th 03, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." écrivait
:

I think theres a slight difference between a mickey mouse 1 car
people mover on a half mile above ground track with a few dozen
people on board and a tube train with 800 passengers and 8 cars
underground in the heat!

Does anyone know if there are any Métro staff on board the trains on
line 14 in Paris, which have ATO and no driver at the front? (Good
view for passengers though!)

There is no driver on board of the line 14 trains in Paris. On the other
hand, there is a hidden dashboard in the front car permitting an agent to
manually drive the train in the event of an emergency.

The RATP expect to automate all the Paris Métro lines. This will start with
the line 1 (400 000 passengers/day, 16 km).

Old August 29th 03, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message
In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
It happened a couple of weeks ago when a Jubilee driver was assaulted
at Bermondsey and required hospital treatment.

This is true. LU was screwing around with commuters as per usual. Trains
delayed. One of the commuters took it personally.

That's pretty out of order. It wasn't the drivers' fault that the train was
delayed. I bet they don't like sitting at red signals any more than we like
sitting in traffic jams ...

Old August 29th 03, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Would you really trust a train with no actual driver in the cab? Be honest
now

Old August 29th 03, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Just me and the world wrote:
Would you really trust a train with no actual driver in the cab? Be
honest now

Yes, of course. Computers are very reliable these days and zp[]#-90yomgv
qt qLuoyur ..'p['[0-][-=

--
..J drahciR
)sserdda ni noy dna ku paws ,em liam-e ot(

Old August 29th 03, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Just me and the world" wrote in message
Would you really trust a train with no actual driver in the cab? Be

honest
now

Computers don't read the paper while driving (as witnessed on the Central
line a good few times now) or turn up to work ****ed up on booze (a
reference to recent reports about the levels of alcohol and drug abuse in
the workplace, including the railway industry).