Old December 26th 07, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The tube wasn't completely closed on Christmas Day... :(

....sadly vandals and the otherwise bored and useless of London decided
to spend Christmas Day at Mile End station. Graffiti artist(s) evidently
had plenty of time to put meaningless scrawls on most surfaces and
hoardings on the platforms. I didn't bother venturing off the very
crowded train to see if they had defaced the booking hall.

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking

Old December 26th 07, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

...sadly vandals and the otherwise bored and useless of London decided
to spend Christmas Day at Mile End station. Graffiti artist(s) evidently
had plenty of time to put meaningless scrawls on most surfaces and
hoardings on the platforms. I didn't bother venturing off the very
crowded train to see if they had defaced the booking hall.

How did they even get inside? :-(

P.S. Tube website consistently shown entire tube network having "good
service" yesterday!
Old December 26th 07, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
alex_t wrote:

...sadly vandals and the otherwise bored and useless of London decided
to spend Christmas Day at Mile End station. Graffiti artist(s) evidently
had plenty of time to put meaningless scrawls on most surfaces and
hoardings on the platforms. I didn't bother venturing off the very
crowded train to see if they had defaced the booking hall.

How did they even get inside? :-(

Walk from Stratford? It's thought that the Camden Town vandels
walked from East Finchley or Golders Green.

--
Shenanigans! Shenanigans! Best of 3!
-- Flash
Old December 26th 07, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message
In article
,
alex_t wrote:

...sadly vandals and the otherwise bored and useless of London decided
to spend Christmas Day at Mile End station. Graffiti artist(s) evidently
had plenty of time to put meaningless scrawls on most surfaces and
hoardings on the platforms. I didn't bother venturing off the very
crowded train to see if they had defaced the booking hall.

How did they even get inside? :-(

Walk from Stratford? It's thought that the Camden Town vandels
walked from East Finchley or Golders Green.

Thanks, I was trying to recall the site of last years similar incident.
Thought here at the time to be a bit of an embarrasment for LU, given the
huge amount of CCTV installed everywhere.

I wonder if or why they thought it wouldn't happen again...

Paul

Old December 26th 07, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Walk from Stratford? It's thought that the Camden Town vandels
walked from East Finchley or Golders Green.

That's crazy! What if the train would pass? I mean, there is
absolutely no hiding place in tube tunnels, isn't it?

Old December 26th 07, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 26, 5:27 pm, alex_t wrote:
...sadly vandals and the otherwise bored and useless of London decided
to spend Christmas Day at Mile End station. Graffiti artist(s) evidently
had plenty of time to put meaningless scrawls on most surfaces and
hoardings on the platforms. I didn't bother venturing off the very
crowded train to see if they had defaced the booking hall.

How did they even get inside? :-(

P.S. Tube website consistently shown entire tube network having "good
service" yesterday!

Possibly the only day of the year the service bulletin is entirely
accurate.

The vandals could have got in at Whitechapel. Its not far to walk from
there.

Neill

Old December 26th 07, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:08:30 +0000, Paul G
wrote:

...sadly vandals and the otherwise bored and useless of London decided
to spend Christmas Day at Mile End station. Graffiti artist(s) evidently
had plenty of time to put meaningless scrawls on most surfaces and
hoardings on the platforms. I didn't bother venturing off the very
crowded train to see if they had defaced the booking hall.

Earl's Court District Line platforms have also been hit.

Any others?

Old December 26th 07, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

alex_t wrote:

...sadly vandals and the otherwise bored and useless of London decided
to spend Christmas Day at Mile End station. Graffiti artist(s)
evidently
had plenty of time to put meaningless scrawls on most surfaces and
hoardings on the platforms. I didn't bother venturing off the very
crowded train to see if they had defaced the booking hall.

How did they even get inside? :-(

Walk from Stratford? It's thought that the Camden Town vandels
walked from East Finchley or Golders Green.

Thanks, I was trying to recall the site of last years similar incident.
Thought here at the time to be a bit of an embarrasment for LU, given the
huge amount of CCTV installed everywhere.

I wonder if or why they thought it wouldn't happen again...

The graffiti incident earlier this year, which ended terminally for two
people involved, was at Barking depot:

David Biddulph

Old December 26th 07, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

...sadly vandals and the otherwise bored and useless of London decided
to spend Christmas Day at Mile End station. Graffiti artist(s) evidently
had plenty of time to put meaningless scrawls on most surfaces and
hoardings on the platforms. I didn't bother venturing off the very
crowded train to see if they had defaced the booking hall.

Earl's Court District Line platforms have also been hit.

Any others?

East & Westbound platforms at Arsenal, Holloway Road & Caledonian Road
noted covered in graffiti earlier today.

--
Phil Richards, London, UK
3,600+ railway photos since 1980 at:
Old December 26th 07, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

alex_t wrote:

...sadly vandals and the otherwise bored and useless of London decided
to spend Christmas Day at Mile End station. Graffiti artist(s)
evidently
had plenty of time to put meaningless scrawls on most surfaces and
hoardings on the platforms. I didn't bother venturing off the very
crowded train to see if they had defaced the booking hall.

How did they even get inside? :-(

Walk from Stratford? It's thought that the Camden Town vandels
walked from East Finchley or Golders Green.

Thanks, I was trying to recall the site of last years similar incident.
Thought here at the time to be a bit of an embarrasment for LU, given the
huge amount of CCTV installed everywhere.

I wonder if or why they thought it wouldn't happen again...

The graffiti incident earlier this year, which ended terminally for two
people involved, was at Barking depot:

That was on the working railway though - on Christmas day last year, with
the network shut down, the offenders walked down the tunnels, which seems to
have been the m.o. on this occasion too...

Is the traction current off during the shut down period?

Paul S