London Banter

-   -   Old BR logo on London Underground (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/6025-old-br-logo-london-underground.html)

Recliner December 31st 07 09:23 PM

Old BR logo on London Underground

"StuartJ" wrote in message

The boundary between Railtrack (later Network Rail) and LUL on the
lines from Marylebone is at 61.25 km, some 0.5 km south of Harrow-on-
the-Hill station, which is entirely owned and operated by LUL.

Does this mean that Metronet looks after the line from Marylebone to
Harrow-on-the-Hill? Surely not? Or does it just take over from Harrow
to Amersham, which seems more likely?

Tom Anderson January 1st 08 07:20 PM

Old BR logo on London Underground

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

"Lew 1" wrote in message

If a LO station only has LO services then it will eventually not have
the NR Double Arrow logo, there are some expections to this. There is
more information in the Corporate Design section of the TfL website.

Ah, my apologise. However, I don't think I like this. Assuming that
National Rail railcards are still vaild along with National Rail
ticketing and information, to not have the National Rail symbol
strikes me as odd.

The TfL 'Corporate Design' stuff explains that it's only the Dalston
Junction - Surrey Quays section (previously ELL) that won't display the
NR symbol. Everywhere else keeps it.

Although Dalston Junction-Shoreditch (-ish) was never an Underground line
and was part of BR.

That line would have NR arrows. The line being built there now will be TfL
from the get-go, and so won't.

tom

--
Things fall apart - it's scientific

Mr Thant January 2nd 08 06:31 PM

On 31 Dec 2007, 22:23, "Recliner" wrote:
Does this mean that Metronet looks after the line from Marylebone to
Harrow-on-the-Hill? *Surely not? *Or does it just take over from Harrow
to Amersham, which seems more likely?

The latter. Harrow to Amersham inclusive is LUL, but everything else
is Network Rail, including the two unelectrified tracks that run
alongside the Met/Jubilee from Harrow to Marylebone.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London