Old January 24th 08, 01:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Picc Line train indicators display Heathrow Term 5

Roland Perry wrote:
In message
,
at 16:24:45 on Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Mizter T
remarked:

Anyway, what is Ryanair's most ridiculous 'renamed' destination
airport?

The one that started it all was Oslo (Torp) which is also 54 miles
away it seems; but Frankfurt (Hahn) is 65 miles, Stockholm (Skavsta)
56 miles, Stockholm (Vasteras) 54 miles, Paris (Beauvais) 42 miles.

Clapham (Junction) 2 miles, Islington (Highbury &) 1 mile

Old January 24th 08, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:33:58 on Thu,
24 Jan 2008, John Rowland
remarked:
The one that started it all was Oslo (Torp) which is also 54 miles
away it seems; but Frankfurt (Hahn) is 65 miles, Stockholm (Skavsta)
56 miles, Stockholm (Vasteras) 54 miles, Paris (Beauvais) 42 miles.

Clapham (Junction) 2 miles, Islington (Highbury &) 1 mile

Mornington Crescent 26 miles (yes, really; Mornington is a road near
Welwyn).
Old January 24th 08, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Jan, 14:47, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:33:58 on Thu,
24 Jan 2008, John Rowland
remarked:

The one that started it all was Oslo (Torp) which is also 54 miles
away it seems; but Frankfurt (Hahn) is 65 miles, Stockholm (Skavsta)
56 miles, Stockholm (Vasteras) 54 miles, Paris (Beauvais) 42 miles.

Clapham (Junction) 2 miles, Islington (Highbury &) 1 mile

Ha! You have a point John...

Mornington Crescent 26 miles (yes, really; Mornington is a road near
Welwyn).

....but oh dear, we could go on all day about this!

Loughborough (Junction), 116 miles.

Which reminds me, given the potential for confusion it has unwittingly
spawned, I must find out why Loughborough Road, on the edge of
Brixton, was so named...
Old January 24th 08, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Mizter T wrote:

On 24 Jan, 14:47, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:33:58 on Thu,
24 Jan 2008, John Rowland
remarked:

The one that started it all was Oslo (Torp) which is also 54 miles
away it seems; but Frankfurt (Hahn) is 65 miles, Stockholm (Skavsta)
56 miles, Stockholm (Vasteras) 54 miles, Paris (Beauvais) 42 miles.

Clapham (Junction) 2 miles, Islington (Highbury &) 1 mile

Ha! You have a point John...

Mornington Crescent 26 miles (yes, really; Mornington is a road near
Welwyn).

...but oh dear, we could go on all day about this!

We'll see ...

Loughborough (Junction), 116 miles.

Cyprus 1994 miles
Albany (Park) 3384 miles
West India (Quay) 4704 miles

Beat that!

tom

--
DO NOT WANT!
Old January 24th 08, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:02:37 +0000, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Mizter T wrote:

On 24 Jan, 14:47, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:33:58 on Thu,
24 Jan 2008, John Rowland
remarked:

The one that started it all was Oslo (Torp) which is also 54 miles
away it seems; but Frankfurt (Hahn) is 65 miles, Stockholm (Skavsta)
56 miles, Stockholm (Vasteras) 54 miles, Paris (Beauvais) 42 miles.

Clapham (Junction) 2 miles, Islington (Highbury &) 1 mile

Ha! You have a point John...

Mornington Crescent 26 miles (yes, really; Mornington is a road near
Welwyn).

...but oh dear, we could go on all day about this!

We'll see ...

Loughborough (Junction), 116 miles.

Cyprus 1994 miles
Albany (Park) 3384 miles
West India (Quay) 4704 miles

Beat that!

(Cannon Street, closed on) Sun(days), 93 million miles :-)

Old January 24th 08, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Jan, 17:29, James Farrar wrote:

(Cannon Street, closed on) Sun(days), 93 million miles :-)- Hide quoted text -

Mars(ton Green) 250 million miles

Steve Adams

Old January 24th 08, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
Mizter T writes

Which reminds me, given the potential for confusion it has unwittingly
spawned, I must find out why Loughborough Road, on the edge of
Brixton, was so named...

Named after Lord Loughborough, who once owned a mansion there.

--
Paul Terry
Old January 24th 08, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Jan, 18:33, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
,
Mizter T writes

Which reminds me, given the potential for confusion it has unwittingly
spawned, I must find out why Loughborough Road, on the edge of
Brixton, was so named...

Named after Lord Loughborough, who once owned a mansion there.

--
Paul Terry

Thanks Paul. I'll read up on him at some point. There aren't any
mansions there now, but there's still some big grand houses dotted
around and about.
Old January 24th 08, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Jan, 13:57, Paul Oter wrote:
On 23 Jan, 11:11, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:

All (Heathrow) trains do call at T123, just that
the T4 ones take about 10 minutes longer to get there.

(snip)

The T4 trains will actually display T4 & 123 as a destination; the T5
trains will show T123 & 5 as a destination.

So for people heading to T123 in a hurry, and the first train is to T4
& 123, perhaps the best strategy is to board it anyway and then lean
out of the carriage at Hatton Cross to see if the platform departure
indicator (assuming that there is one) shows a T123 & 5 train less
than (say) eight minutes behind.

PaulO

I'm not sure there is a "train describer" (in endearing LU lingo) at
Hatton Cross - but if there isn't one, there needs to be!
Old January 24th 08, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 01:33:23 -0800 (PST), Mizter T wrote:

If this is the case there could be problems if all passengers in
central London who want to go to T123 & 5 (when it opens) rather than
T4 wait for the appropriate train - the T4 loop trains could end up
rather empty and the others rather full.

I seriously doubt there are enough Heathrow passengers for it to cause
significant problems.