Old February 12th 08, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default West Ruislip to nearest Met Line Station

I Would like to make a change from Central Line at West Ruislip (or a
station on that route) to the nearest Metropolitan Line Station.

Could anyone advise of the two which are the closest and easiest to
walk? No walking problems or anything just would like the quickest and
easiest for someone who isn't familiar with the area.

Thanks

Old February 12th 08, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 12, 12:32*pm, Great Eastern wrote:
I Would like to make a change from Central Line at West Ruislip (or a
station on that route) to the nearest Metropolitan Line Station.

Could anyone advise of the two which are the closest and easiest to
walk? No walking problems or anything just would like the quickest and
easiest for someone who isn't familiar with the area.

Thanks

I think it's just about Ickenham. Ruislip is probably a little bit
further; equally simple. Ruislip Gardens to Ruislip is the simplest;
just up the same main road, but further.
Old February 12th 08, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 12, 12:32 pm, Great Eastern wrote:
I Would like to make a change from Central Line at West Ruislip (or a
station on that route) to the nearest Metropolitan Line Station.

Could anyone advise of the two which are the closest and easiest to
walk? No walking problems or anything just would like the quickest and
easiest for someone who isn't familiar with the area.

Thanks

West Ruislip to Ruislip is just a little bit nearer than West Ruislip
to Ickenham.
Old February 12th 08, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2008-02-12, Great Eastern wrote:
I Would like to make a change from Central Line at West Ruislip (or a
station on that route) to the nearest Metropolitan Line Station.

Could anyone advise of the two which are the closest and easiest to
walk? No walking problems or anything just would like the quickest and
easiest for someone who isn't familiar with the area.

Thanks

Ruislip (0.7 miles) or Ickenham (0.8 miles) - I'm not familiar with the
area but both seem easy on the map (try www.walkit.com).

hth

Eric
Old February 12th 08, 01:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 12, 12:32 pm, Great Eastern wrote:
I Would like to make a change from Central Line at West Ruislip (or a
station on that route) to the nearest Metropolitan Line Station.

Could anyone advise of the two which are the closest and easiest to
walk? No walking problems or anything just would like the quickest and
easiest for someone who isn't familiar with the area.

Thanks

Ickenham or Ruislip are both almost exactly the same distance from
West Ruislip. See below for a Google Map of the journey.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ahjbw

Old February 12th 08, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"James" wrote in message
On Feb 12, 12:32 pm, Great Eastern wrote:
I Would like to make a change from Central Line at West Ruislip (or a
station on that route) to the nearest Metropolitan Line Station.

Could anyone advise of the two which are the closest and easiest to
walk? No walking problems or anything just would like the quickest and
easiest for someone who isn't familiar with the area.

Thanks

Ickenham or Ruislip are both almost exactly the same distance from
West Ruislip. See below for a Google Map of the journey.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ahjbw

I would say Ickenham is closer if walking. Or you could catch the U1 from
outside West Ruislip for a couple of stops. The U1 would be closer to
Ruislip because it stops outside the station as opposed to Ickenham where
you have to get off and walk a bit.

Old February 12th 08, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JGG JGG is offline

wrote in message

"James" wrote in message
On Feb 12, 12:32 pm, Great Eastern wrote:
I Would like to make a change from Central Line at West Ruislip (or a
station on that route) to the nearest Metropolitan Line Station.

Could anyone advise of the two which are the closest and easiest to
walk? No walking problems or anything just would like the quickest and
easiest for someone who isn't familiar with the area.

Thanks

Ickenham or Ruislip are both almost exactly the same distance from
West Ruislip. See below for a Google Map of the journey.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ahjbw

I would say Ickenham is closer if walking. Or you could catch the U1 from
outside West Ruislip for a couple of stops. The U1 would be closer to
Ruislip because it stops outside the station as opposed to Ickenham where
you have to get off and walk a bit.

Agreed, I would say Ickenham is the shorter work. It certainly feels that
way, I'm surprised Google has them as the same.

Maybe the walk to Ickenham is just more pleasant with more pubs along the
way.

Old February 13th 08, 05:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Great Eastern" wrote in message
I Would like to make a change from Central Line at West Ruislip (or a
station on that route) to the nearest Metropolitan Line Station.

Could anyone advise of the two which are the closest and easiest to walk?
No walking problems or anything just would like the quickest and easiest
for someone who isn't familiar with the area.

Thanks

Why not use Chiltern to Marylebone and walk down to Baker Street? Or go to
Sudbury Hill and change to the Piccadilly? Depends what the purpose of the
change is and time of day.

Old February 13th 08, 07:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:15:46 +0000, Eric
wrote:

Ruislip (0.7 miles) or Ickenham (0.8 miles) - I'm not familiar with the
area but both seem easy on the map (try www.walkit.com).

Nice website in principle but in my local area (not Ruislip) I found
that it only gave me walking routes along roads, and doesn't know
about useful footpaths and alleyways.

Martin
Old February 13th 08, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Ruislip (0.7 miles) or Ickenham (0.8 miles) - I'm not familiar with the
area but both seem easy on the map (try www.walkit.com).

Nice website in principle but in my local area (not Ruislip) I found
that it only gave me walking routes along roads, and doesn't know
about useful footpaths and alleyways.

Martin

It does in some areas - perhaps you could tell them about yours (see
http://www.walkit.com/improve.php).

Eric