Old May 1st 08, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Trains from west ruislip depot

Given that west ruislip depot is linked to the met line and the
central line , have met line stock ever ventured onto the central line
or are they not allowed to leave the depot? If they are how far down
the line can they travel before they get a haircut?

B2003

Old May 1st 08, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
THC THC is offline

On May 1, 11:31*am, Boltar wrote:
Given that west ruislip depot is linked to the met line and the
central line , have met line stock ever ventured onto the central line
or are they not allowed to leave the depot? If they are how far down
the line can they travel before they get a haircut?

B2003

AFAIAA the West Ruislip extension was built to a sub-surface stock
fairly sure that April's Underground News contains a picture of a new
A stock set, in the process of being delivered, at that location.

THC
Old May 1st 08, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 1, 11:49 am, THC wrote:
AFAIAA the West Ruislip extension was built to a sub-surface stock
fairly sure that April's Underground News contains a picture of a new
A stock set, in the process of being delivered, at that location.

Was there a connection to the main line there at one time or did it
come up from Ealing Broadway?

B2003

Old May 1st 08, 12:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
THC THC is offline

On May 1, 11:54*am, Boltar wrote:
On May 1, 11:49 am, THC wrote:

AFAIAA the West Ruislip extension was built to a sub-surface stock
fairly sure that April's Underground News contains a picture of a new
A stock set, in the process of being delivered, at that location.

Was there a connection to the main line there at one time or did it
come up from Ealing Broadway?

B2003

I can't answer that, I'm afraid. Suggest you consult the good
burghers of District Dave's forum - http://districtdave.proboards39.com/index.cgi
- as they are bound to know the answer

THC
Old May 2nd 08, 12:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 1, 6:54 am, Boltar wrote:
On May 1, 11:49 am, THC wrote:

AFAIAA the West Ruislip extension was built to a sub-surface stock
fairly sure that April's Underground News contains a picture of a new
A stock set, in the process of being delivered, at that location.

Was there a connection to the main line there at one time or did it
come up from Ealing Broadway?

s\Was\Is\g

Ruislip depot is and always has been linked to a down-side siding
reached by a facing crossover from the down main at West Ruislip NR.
AFAIK new stock still goes in that way (except when the bureaucrats
prevent it, a la the D stock refurb).

Old May 2nd 08, 02:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

THC wrote:
On May 1, 11:31 am, Boltar wrote:
Given that west ruislip depot is linked to the met line and the
central line , have met line stock ever ventured onto the central
line or are they not allowed to leave the depot? If they are how far
down the line can they travel before they get a haircut?

B2003

AFAIAA the West Ruislip extension was built to a sub-surface stock

Two new road bridges have been built over the line in the Hanger Lane area
in the last 30 years: while I suspect that both are higher than mainline
gauge, I'm not sure. I do know that the Northern Line north of Highgate was
built to mainline gauge but has since been reduced to tube gauge by lowering
the North Circular Road. Also the Epping to Ongar branch was reduced to tube
gauge by the M11 (but this has been rectified by lowering the track since it
passed into private hands).

Old May 2nd 08, 07:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 2, 3:21 am, "John Rowland"
wrote:
gauge, I'm not sure. I do know that the Northern Line north of Highgate was
built to mainline gauge but has since been reduced to tube gauge by lowering
the North Circular Road.

Theres a bridge just north of West Finchley station that is pretty low
and thats been there since at least the late 80s (when I used to
commute on that line), probably the 60s or 70s. The north circ was
widened in the mid 90s when that new lower bridge was built.

B2003

Old May 3rd 08, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"THC" wrote in message
On May 1, 11:31 am, Boltar wrote:
Given that west ruislip depot is linked to the met line and the
central line , have met line stock ever ventured onto the central line
or are they not allowed to leave the depot? If they are how far down
the line can they travel before they get a haircut?

B2003

AFAIAA the West Ruislip extension was built to a sub-surface stock
fairly sure that April's Underground News contains a picture of a new
A stock set, in the process of being delivered, at that location.

THC

You talk of Underground News? Is this available online?

Old May 3rd 08, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

You talk of Underground News? Is this available online?

I don't think so. You receive it monthly as a member of the LURS,
www.lurs.org.uk/undergroundnews.html