Old March 4th 08, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default unused track access

On 4 Mar, 23:06, asdf wrote:
Assuming, of course, they've turned the juice rail off by now...

What juice rail? It was taken away long ago. Though the track' i all
still there apart from a section near Royal Victoria where they're
building the new junction.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

Old March 4th 08, 10:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

asdf wrote:
On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:33:45 +0000, MarkVarley - MVP wrote:

Following on from my search for unused or quiet stations, does anyone
know where I can access tracks, preferably legally and not with a
billion volts flowing through them, likewise an absence of
photographer-squishing-trains would be nice.
somewhere easyish to get to around london and not too overgrown.

any thoughts on this?

If you use the Silvertown suggestion from the previous thread you
could kill both birds with one stone.

Assuming, of course, they've turned the juice rail off by now...

Making that assumption is not a good idea. Even testing it and assuming that
it won't switch on again is not a good idea.

Old March 4th 08, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MarkVarley - MVP wrote:
I'm in east london and I don't want to have to walk too far from a
station so as close to me and/or a station as possible would be ideal.
my location kit is a bit heavy.

Epping-Ongar might work:
http://www.eorailway.co.uk/new_down_the_line.htm

North Weald station seems to be the westernmost point past the end of the
Central Line that is accessible and has track. Google map:
http://tinyurl.com/3al498
There's a bus from Epping.

Theo
Old March 4th 08, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 4 Mar, 23:29, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 23:06:19 +0000, asdf
wrote this gibberish:

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:33:45 +0000, MarkVarley - MVP wrote:

Following on from my search for unused or quiet stations, does anyone
know where I can access tracks, preferably legally and not with a
billion volts flowing through them, likewise an absence of
photographer-squishing-trains would be nice.
somewhere easyish to get to around london and not too overgrown.

any thoughts on this?

If you use the Silvertown suggestion from the previous thread you
could kill both birds with one stone.

Assuming, of course, they've turned the juice rail off by now...

The third rail has long gone. A plethora of plants and weeds was
allowed to grow along the alignment after closure (indeed quite a lot
before closure), but for some reason it was all cleared fairly
recently (perhaps to assist surveyors working fro Crossrail?).

do you know anything about access to that station?

The old entrance is boarded off. It would not be too big a deal to
scale a not very high wall to get in, but I don't recall seeing any
holes in the fences when I went past recently so it would involve a
positive effort to actually get in there. Once there you would be
fairly exposed to passing traffic on Factory Road and to an extent on
Albert Road, and there is a police station quite close by (it's down
near the Woolwich Ferry).

I can imagine it would make a good location for a shoot though, what
with the Tate & Lyle refinery in the background. You can get the DLR
to London City Airport station and it's a very short walk from there.

Streetmap still shows the course of the North London Line in these
parts:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...80250&z=2&ar=N
Old March 5th 08, 12:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 16:23:14 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote this gibberish:

wrote this gibberish:

[...]

Thanks for that one, I'll be taking a look there.

--
Mark.
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk

Old March 5th 08, 12:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

You could go up to Mill Hill East. After the end of the platform the
track continues about 100 metres but without live rails - just the two
running tracks.
Old March 5th 08, 12:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:

The old entrance is boarded off. It would not be too big a deal to
scale a not very high wall to get in

What about if the woman is already bound?

Old March 5th 08, 01:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 01:49:52 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote this gibberish:

Mizter T wrote:

The old entrance is boarded off. It would not be too big a deal to
scale a not very high wall to get in

What about if the woman is already bound?

then some kind of improvised catapult would be necessary ;o)

Old March 5th 08, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote this gibberish:

Mizter T wrote:

The old entrance is boarded off. It would not be too big a deal to
scale a not very high wall to get in

What about if the woman is already bound?

then some kind of improvised catapult would be necessary ;o)

Stop bragging, big boy.

Old March 5th 08, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote this gibberish:

Mizter T wrote:

The old entrance is boarded off. It would not be too big a deal to
scale a not very high wall to get in

What about if the woman is already bound?

then some kind of improvised catapult would be necessary ;o)

Stop bragging, big boy.

LOROL!

(Or should that exclamation actually read 'Silverlink'... no, it
doesn't quite work does it... I suspect I've thoroughly confused Mark
by now...)