Old March 4th 08, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default unused track access

Following on from my search for unused or quiet stations, does anyone
know where I can access tracks, preferably legally and not with a
billion volts flowing through them, likewise an absence of
photographer-squishing-trains would be nice.
somewhere easyish to get to around london and not too overgrown.

any thoughts on this?

--
Mark.
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk

Old March 4th 08, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jon Jon is offline

On 4 Mar, 20:33, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
Following on from my search for unused or quiet stations, does anyone
know where I can access tracks, preferably legally and not with a
billion volts flowing through them, likewise an absence of
photographer-squishing-trains would be nice.
somewhere easyish to get to around london and not too overgrown.

any thoughts on this?

--
Mark.http://www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.ukwww....fulBondage.net

Depends how far from London and whether they must be standard gauge?

Possibilities might include:

- where rights of way cross the the Watercress line (Alton - New
Alresford) on a non-running day.
- Chinnor & Princess Risborough as above.
- The industrial railways around Queensborough, Isle of Sheppy.
- the Ruislip Lido Railway (narrow-gauge).
- Epping and Ongar ?
- Tenterden and East Sussex?
- Bluebell?

What do you want to do? If you just want to stand on a footpath
crossing for a few seconds to take photos then:
- the Southall - Brentford branch?
- north of Aylesbury?
- do the Marlow and Henley branches have Sunday services?
-
Old March 4th 08, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:33:45 +0000, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:

Following on from my search for unused or quiet stations, does anyone
know where I can access tracks, preferably legally and not with a
billion volts flowing through them, likewise an absence of
photographer-squishing-trains would be nice.
somewhere easyish to get to around london and not too overgrown.

any thoughts on this?

You could try for permission to use the former North Pole depot!
--
Peter Lawrence
Old March 4th 08, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jon wrote:
On 4 Mar, 20:33, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
[...]

Isn't it obvious from his URLs that he wants to tie a woman to the tracks
and then take photos of her?

Not-overgrown but safe is a difficult combination. I think your best bet is
on Tramlink when there is engineering work, or on a Sunday morning, when the
trams don't start till 7am or so. Accessing the tracks off a public road at
any stop should be easy enough. The leccy is overhead, and I don't think
there is any voltage in the tracks at all. Any unexpected tram, unlike a
train, will be able to stop in a very short distance in the worst case
scenario. That's if you want it to stop...

Old March 4th 08, 09:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:57:13 -0800 (PST), Jon
wrote this gibberish:

On 4 Mar, 20:33, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
[...]

it doesn't have to be a standard guage but it has to look the part so
no odd narrow guages or it just won't look right.

my intended use involves an unfortunate young lady doing something
artistic and no, I'll not be tying her to the tracks a-la classic
damsel-in-distress.

I'm in east london and I don't want to have to walk too far from a
station so as close to me and/or a station as possible would be ideal.
my location kit is a bit heavy.

footpath crossings would work.

Old March 4th 08, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:

Isn't it obvious from his URLs that he wants to tie a woman to the
tracks and then take photos of her?

Not-overgrown but safe is a difficult combination. I think your best
bet is on Tramlink when there is engineering work, or on a Sunday
morning, when the trams don't start till 7am or so. Accessing the
tracks off a public road at any stop should be easy enough. The leccy
is overhead, and I don't think there is any voltage in the tracks at
all. Any unexpected tram, unlike a train, will be able to stop in a
very short distance in the worst case scenario. That's if you want it
to stop...

I forgot to mention that only a small part of Tramlink (in Croydon town
Centre) looks like a traditional tramline with grooved track in a road. The
other 90% or so looks like a conventional railway, until the tram comes
along anyway. You can see it here
http://www.croydon-tramlink.co.uk/pi...r/beckee.shtml The only
difference is that the platforms are lower than a standard British railway.

Old March 4th 08, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 22:34:46 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote this gibberish:

Jon wrote:
On 4 Mar, 20:33, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
[...]

tram locations could work fine, I just need the linier lines of the
train(like) tracks and no danger to be standing on them or walking
around them. I won't be tying her to them though the possibilities in
fee negotiation are attractive.

Old March 4th 08, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:33:45 +0000, MarkVarley - MVP wrote:

Following on from my search for unused or quiet stations, does anyone
know where I can access tracks, preferably legally and not with a
billion volts flowing through them, likewise an absence of
photographer-squishing-trains would be nice.
somewhere easyish to get to around london and not too overgrown.

any thoughts on this?

If you use the Silvertown suggestion from the previous thread you
could kill both birds with one stone.

Assuming, of course, they've turned the juice rail off by now...
Old March 4th 08, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 22:46:47 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote this gibberish:

John Rowland wrote:

[...]

that'll work for me :-) cheers.

Old March 4th 08, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 23:06:19 +0000, asdf
wrote this gibberish:

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:33:45 +0000, MarkVarley - MVP wrote:

Following on from my search for unused or quiet stations, does anyone
know where I can access tracks, preferably legally and not with a
billion volts flowing through them, likewise an absence of
photographer-squishing-trains would be nice.
somewhere easyish to get to around london and not too overgrown.

any thoughts on this?

If you use the Silvertown suggestion from the previous thread you
could kill both birds with one stone.

Assuming, of course, they've turned the juice rail off by now...

do you know anything about access to that station?