Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 11th 08, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus Information Signs

I have no idea what they're called, the LED signs in some bus stops
that tell you how long the busses are supposed to be, my question is,
how do they work? how do they update?

A few times I've seen that my bus is due next in a couple of minutes
but it just doesn't arrive, several later busses come and then it
vanishes off the sign, abducted by aliens?

Then there are the times I've seen my bus is due in 10 minutes and
decided that instead of standing in the cold I'll walk to the next or
previous stop only for it to come sailing past when I'm mid-way
between stops.

And how many seconds are in a London Transport minute anyway? 90 at
least.

Obviously the system is not perfect (no system is) but if I knew what
made it tick I may be better equipped for getting around.

And why I'm grumbling about busses, why is it so rare for a 38 to get
to the end of it's route? I live near clapton pond and often need to
travel to victoria, when I have the time I'd rather sit on a bus than
go underground but often they terminate at hyde park corner or green
park, same the other way often only making it to hackney central, in
both cases I need to get another bus, pain in the arse, especially as
the end of their route is only 5 minutes away.

grumble grumble
--
Mark.
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk