Old September 5th 03, 09:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Miniature Train Rides?

"Andrew P Smith" wrote in message

Harlington? Used to be one there years ago - went on it as a lad.

Still there last year.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 5th 03, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I'd suggest the Swanley New Barn Railway, in Swanley Park, Kent.
App. 15 minutes from Swanley Station.

Open at the weekends until November.

Website is at :- www.snbr.20m.com

Also, the Canvey Railway & Model Engineering Society will be running
their railway on Sundays until the beginning of October.

Situated in the grounds of the Waterside Farm sports centre, Canvey
Island, Essex, app. 15 minutes from Benfleet Station. (c2c).

DC
Old September 5th 03, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

Is there still one in Barking Park, parallel to the Ilford-Barking Road?

The track was there 2 years ago, but I don't know if the trains were still
running.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 13th 03, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote the
following in:

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

Is there still one in Barking Park, parallel to the
Ilford-Barking Road?

The track was there 2 years ago, but I don't know if the trains
were still running.

I just asked a friend from Barking and can confirm that the trains do
still run.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.
Old September 13th 03, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin May" wrote in message
"John Rowland" wrote the
following in:

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

Is there still one in Barking Park, parallel to the
Ilford-Barking Road?

The track was there 2 years ago, but I don't know if the trains
were still running.

I just asked a friend from Barking and can confirm that the trains do
still run.

I wrote to the Council about it and have a contact phone number for the guy
who currently has the franchise (same one who runs boats on the lake).

Thought I'd ring him and ask him what he knows about the railway's history.

--
Brian
"Chuff! Chuff! Poot! Poot! A model railway exhibition can do that to a