Old April 19th 08, 07:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Harrow Bus Station bottleneck

On Feb 13, 7:16 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:06:11 -0800
wrote:

On Feb 11, 9:08 pm, Andy wrote:

We are never going to agree on the basics, so I'll leave discussion
about individual problems / solutions to what I have already said.
I'll just say if you want to see realbuscongestion take a look at
the area around Tottenham Court Road undergroundstationand under
Center Point. This puts any perceived problems atHarrowBusstation
into context.

[snip]
I have had to use Buses from Tottenham Court Road undergroundstation
for going on to Tottenham Court Road.

There it is the Car traffic from all 4 sides crossing each other.

No it is not. Car traffic can only come from Charing Cross Road heading
north. Tottenham Court Road is one way so no traffic can come from that
direction. Oxford St and New Oxford Street are bothbusand taxi only.

In
Harrowthere are only 2 sides and still Buses have difficulty entering
thebusstationand letting out its passengers.

You can keep going on and on and on aboutHarrowbut there is NO way
that TfL would scrap the currentbusstationand put in place something
that splitbusservices in two and forced people to make a lengthy and
utterly unnecessary walk between two sides of the tubestation. There
would be no business case for such a proposal because of the extra time
taken for buses to use the alternative routes and from worsening
passenger interchange. It would also make interchange from the tube to
buses unduly complicated. TfL's overarching objective is to "save time"
- your idea flies completely in the face of this.

HarrowCouncil is interested in having practically new TubeStation
Overhead Entry Exit overbridge getting built but for that money is not
coming from TFL for another 10 years.

IfHarroware interested then perhaps they'd like to find the money. Oh
dear - is that the sound of an empty piggy bank I hear?

I hope to be around in 2013. Let us see if it happens by then.

Why is no one interested in easing the situation with practically
nothing to spend.

You seem to be convinced there is a problem when I suspect most people
are perfectly content with the current situation. Your proposal would
cost time and money for no demonstrable benefit. I know you will wish
to carry on arguing your point so why not write to TfL and see what
response you get?

--
Paul C

I am sorry, Mr Corfield to have let this thread lapse.

On the whole old people who depend more on buses have given up on TFL
or Councils for listening to them.

I hope you are very familiar with Harrow Bus Station and the trouble
old people living on Hill side of tube station face accessing the Bus
Station.

If for Buses travelling south are shifted to the Hill side, the side
from which Tube Replacement Buses operate on many a weekends, no
passanger is going to waste any time, in fact they will save time and
importantly running time of Buses will be saved and the buses for
which Bus Station is beginning & end point there will be space to park
them inside the Station, saving time and fuel again in moving them
quite far away for parking inbetween journeys.

I hope you are aware how passengers make their way to different buses
around Liverpool Tube/Train Station, Earl Court & Baker Street Tube
Stations.

I had asked the poster Andy to identify the Bus Routes, the passangers
of which will face any hardship if Bus Station is split. He could
not.

In fact with with bus stops for southerly buses shifted to Hill side,
instead of waiting for 10 years fo asked for 10 million becoming
available at fifthe of expense both sides of Tube station including
the Shopping Centre can be made directly accessible for Tube
travellers through Escalators and Lifts.

Today old people living on Hill side Climb into Tube Station, Climb
off the Tube Station to and fron Harrow Bus Station.

Regards,
D M Joshi
www.dmjoshi.org