Old April 24th 08, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Drivers protesting about a film

On 24 Apr, 09:27, Boltar wrote:
On Apr 23, 7:24 pm, "Sargeant Rutter" wrote:

That must have been "CREEP" circa 2004. I cant imagine the RMT allowing

Yeah , that was the one,

B2003

To be fair, a fantasy film about monsters, or even a film that shows a
rogue driver (or police officer, or lawyer, or army general) breaking
the rules isn't necessarily the same as a film implying that there is
a rule that allows drivers to benefit from suicides. I think I can
spot a kind of a difference.

Noticed a full page advert by the film makers using the protests as
publicity for what's probably a crap film anyway. Reminded of the
Last Temptation of Christ.

Old April 25th 08, 04:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
On 24 Apr, 09:27, Boltar wrote:
On Apr 23, 7:24 pm, "Sargeant Rutter" wrote:

That must have been "CREEP" circa 2004. I cant imagine the RMT allowing

Yeah , that was the one,

B2003

To be fair, a fantasy film about monsters, or even a film that shows a
rogue driver (or police officer, or lawyer, or army general) breaking
the rules isn't necessarily the same as a film implying that there is
a rule that allows drivers to benefit from suicides. I think I can
spot a kind of a difference.

Noticed a full page advert by the film makers using the protests as
publicity for what's probably a crap film anyway. Reminded of the
Last Temptation of Christ.

Mark Kermode on 5 live said that the film was as funny as root canal
work, or as funny as running someone over with 200 ton of train.

Old April 26th 08, 07:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25 Apr, 17:01, "www.waspies.net" wrote:
Mark Kermode on 5 live said that the film was as funny as root canal
work, or as funny as running someone over with 200 ton of train.

Saw it last night, and don't know why it's been billed as a comedy.
The attempts at humour are mostly pretty awful and feel tacked on, and
it would have been a much better film without them. Certainly a
shorter film, anyway.

(they play "One Way or Another" over the montage where he's looking
for a victim, expertly fulfilling the hamfisted-use-of-music rule in
the Awful British Movie handbook)

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London