Old April 29th 08, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Paddington Barriers

Any sign of these being used yet?

I saw a report elsewhere that a couple of dozen were supposed to have been
brought into use yesterday...

Paul

Old April 29th 08, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote:
Any sign of these being used yet?

I saw a report elsewhere that a couple of dozen were supposed to have been
brought into use yesterday...

In use yesterday evening. With extra wide gates for bikes at both ends
- one end for in and the other for out. It also returned my 'out'
single ticket instead of eating it.

These barriers cover high-numbered platforms.

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at
the population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as

Old April 29th 08, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:32:25 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Any sign of these being used yet?

I saw a report elsewhere that a couple of dozen were supposed to have been
brought into use yesterday...

Paul

Yes, Wednesday AM and Saturday AM to my certain knowledge.

I'm sort of pleased to report that one of the individuals with whom I
met up on the Wednesday, and who has been (allegedly) Extracting the
Urine for some years was stopped and got fined.

Doesn't help the congestion tho'.
Old April 29th 08, 07:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Any sign of these being used yet?

I saw a report elsewhere that a couple of dozen were supposed to have been
brought into use yesterday...

Yes, Wednesday AM and Saturday AM to my certain knowledge.

When I passed through there one morning last week the barriers were in
use but the Oyster targets weren't (and the range on the handheld
reader the man by the wide gate had was pathetic - I had to take the
card out of its wallet!)

The Oyster readers on the gates weren't working - that is properly
absurd!

I've never had any problems with ticket inspectors scanning my Oyster
card with their handheld readers before, perhaps he just wasn't used
to doing it. Out of interest was it a small blue device, about the
size of a calculator, or was it something larger?

Old April 29th 08, 07:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Any sign of these being used yet?

I saw a report elsewhere that a couple of dozen were supposed to have been
brought into use yesterday...

Yes, Wednesday AM and Saturday AM to my certain knowledge.

When I passed through there one morning last week the barriers were in
use but the Oyster targets weren't (and the range on the handheld
reader the man by the wide gate had was pathetic - I had to take the
card out of its wallet!)

The Oyster readers on the gates weren't working - that is properly
absurd!

I've never had any problems with ticket inspectors scanning my Oyster
card with their handheld readers before, perhaps he just wasn't used
to doing it. Out of interest was it a small blue device, about the
size of a calculator, or was it something larger?

It was the small blue one. He got a red light with the card in my
wallet (this happens occasionally) and with it just in its wallet
(this has never happened before)! It was only when he put the reader
directly on the card itself that he got a green light.
Old April 30th 08, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 29 Apr, 11:32, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Any sign of these being used yet?

I saw a report elsewhere that a couple of dozen were supposed to have been
brought into use yesterday...

The barriers on the high numbered platforms have been in use for
around a fortnight.

It was never intended that the Oyster reader yellow roundels would
work immediately. They will follow once all the gates are in
operation. The gates on the overbridge are some weeks away still.
Old April 30th 08, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

At 08:24:19 on Wed, 30 Apr 2008 Chris opined:-

On 29 Apr, 11:32, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Any sign of these being used yet?

I saw a report elsewhere that a couple of dozen were supposed to have been
brought into use yesterday...

The barriers on the high numbered platforms have been in use for
around a fortnight.

It was never intended that the Oyster reader yellow roundels would
work immediately. They will follow once all the gates are in
operation. The gates on the overbridge are some weeks away still.

Are there any plans to install gates at the top of platforms 15/16, to
separate tube from national rail platforms?
--
Thoss
Old April 30th 08, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30 Apr, 16:56, thoss wrote:
Are there any plans to install gates at the top of platforms 15/16, to
separate tube from national rail platforms?

No, all the high numbered platforms will be part of one area:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...ket-gates.html

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old April 30th 08, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:24:19 -0700 (PDT), Chris
wrote:

On 29 Apr, 11:32, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Any sign of these being used yet?

I saw a report elsewhere that a couple of dozen were supposed to have been
brought into use yesterday...

The barriers on the high numbered platforms have been in use for
around a fortnight.

It was never intended that the Oyster reader yellow roundels would
work immediately. They will follow once all the gates are in
operation.

They were working at 0640 this morning.