Old May 12th 08, 04:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default 465s finally get CCTV (and new displays)

This morning, I noticed the first of what is presumably to be a fleet
installation of CCTV on Networkers. Rather surprisingly, the cameras
are in grey boxes which take the place of (and have a similar
appearance to) the original PIS displays above the gangway doors.
These are replaced by new dot matrix displays in white boxes mounted
in the door vestibules (same position as 165s, but looking more like
the PIS displays on refurbished D stock). I'm not sure whether the new
PIS displays incorporate additional cameras, but it would seem to make
sense to ensure coverage of the whole train! Above the doors was a new
design of information sticker with prominent notices warning about
CCTV and penalty fares.

The train I was on was an (unidentified) 465/2. IIRC these are owned
by a different ROSCO to the 465/0s, so I suppose it may not be a fleet-
wide installation. The interiors seem to be otherwise untouched.

Old May 12th 08, 04:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 12 May, 17:03, Rupert Candy wrote:
[...]

Are there displays on the fronts?

I thought it was incredible that with all the refurbishment work that
went into creating 465/9s from 465/2s, the original displays, which
had never been any use since day one, were not replaced.

The 465/0 and 465/1 displays were replaced and often display something
legible.
Old May 12th 08, 04:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On May 12, 5:13*pm, MIG wrote:

Are there displays on the fronts?

I thought it was incredible that with all the refurbishment work that
went into creating 465/9s from 465/2s, the original displays, which
had never been any use since day one, were not replaced.

I didn't notice any change outside, so presumably not. They are indeed
useless.