Old June 5th 08, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Urgh - BalhamEsherLondonBalham

Tomorrow I have to go from Balham to Esher, then from Esher into zone 1
and then later back to Balham. As Esher is beyond zone 6 it would clearly
be impractical to get a Z1-6 paper travelcard (I have only a PAYG Oyster).
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to manage the journey?

Many thanks,

Ian

Old June 5th 08, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 Jun, 19:02, "Ian F." wrote:
Tomorrow I have to go from Balham to Esher, then from Esher into zone 1
and then later back to Balham. As Esher is beyond zone 6 it would clearly
be impractical to get a Z1-6 paper travelcard (I have only a PAYG Oyster).
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to manage the journey?

This is very much do-able. Buy a zones 1-6 Day Travelcard at Balham,
then also buy a return extension ticket from the boundary of zone 6 to
Esher (though I suppose you could even buy a zones 1-4 Day Travelcard
and then an extension from boundary zone 4 to Esher).

The only possible problem might be coaxing the ticket office at Balham
to sell you the appropriate extension ticket. Then again perhaps I'm
just being a pessimist. Regardless the ticket office at Clapham Jn
would certainly sell you the right ticket without any problems.
Old June 5th 08, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message

This is very much do-able. Buy a zones 1-6 Day Travelcard at Balham,
then also buy a return extension ticket from the boundary of zone 6 to
Esher (though I suppose you could even buy a zones 1-4 Day Travelcard
and then an extension from boundary zone 4 to Esher).

The only possible problem might be coaxing the ticket office at Balham
to sell you the appropriate extension ticket. Then again perhaps I'm
just being a pessimist. Regardless the ticket office at Clapham Jn
would certainly sell you the right ticket without any problems.

I'll give it a go. Many thanks.

Ian

Old June 6th 08, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 07:02:20PM +0100, Ian F. wrote:
Tomorrow I have to go from Balham to Esher, then from Esher into zone 1
and then later back to Balham. As Esher is beyond zone 6 it would clearly
be impractical to get a Z1-6 paper travelcard (I have only a PAYG Oyster).
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to manage the journey?

At Balham station, ask for a travelcard for zones 1 to 6 plus Esher.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

Hail Caesar! Those about to vi ^[ you!
Old June 7th 08, 07:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Cantrell" wrote in message
k...

At Balham station, ask for a travelcard for zones 1 to 6 plus Esher.

Did just that and it worked fine.

Ian