Old June 26th 08, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default OT - Pdf maps from the old RATP site

Hi all,

Someone is trying to get hold of the maps which used to be on the RATP site
showing the areas around each Metro station. The station maps on the website
now are inferior to the old ones. Does anyone have any of the old PDf files,
possibly in your internet cache?

Old June 26th 08, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

Someone is trying to get hold of the maps which used to be on the
RATP site showing the areas around each Metro station. The station
maps on the website now are inferior to the old ones. Does anyone
have any of the old PDf files, possibly in your internet cache?

By "the station maps on the website", do you mean the ones you get by
entering the station name and clicking on "Plan de quartier"? Those have
been around for a number of years. My website has a link to one of those
maps; the version of the link that I wrote in December 2005 still works and
produces the same map as today. I don't remember an earlier PDF version.

The present maps are quite good, showing all Métro station entrances,
details of bus routes and stops, etc. What's inferior about them?
--
Richard J.
www.stayparis.net

Old June 26th 08, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:22:55 on Thu,
26 Jun 2008, John Rowland
remarked:
Does anyone have any of the old PDf files,
possibly in your internet cache?

archive.org, perhaps?
Old June 30th 08, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

Someone is trying to get hold of the maps which used to be on the
RATP site showing the areas around each Metro station. The station
maps on the website now are inferior to the old ones. Does anyone
have any of the old PDf files, possibly in your internet cache?

By "the station maps on the website", do you mean the ones you get by
entering the station name and clicking on "Plan de quartier"? Those
have been around for a number of years. My website has a link to one
of those maps; the version of the link that I wrote in December 2005
still works and produces the same map as today. I don't remember an
earlier PDF version.
The present maps are quite good, showing all Métro station entrances,
details of bus routes and stops, etc. What's inferior about them?

I have emailed you the old PDF file. The "inferior" comment comes from the
"someone" mentioned above, but I do agree with him.

Old July 7th 08, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
[...]

Yes, I see what you mean. The map content is about the same, but the old
map is clearer and larger. Maybe it was felt that the PDF format made it
less accessible. I've asked RATP if the old fomat is still available (and
if not, why not), and I'll post their reply here.
--
Richard J.