Old September 11th 03, 07:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Excitement At Waterloo

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:06:46 +0100, CJG
wrote:

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
I didn't "want" you to do anything, I was posing a question to
ascertain your part in the proceedings, if any, other than as an
observer.

As much as I think LU is a **** company. And a majority of LU workers
are lazy and not customer focused. I wouldn't have watched, while LU
worker got his head kicked in by a drunk customer.

No, you would probably have been taking photos. With a flash.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

Old September 11th 03, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message

As much as I think LU is a **** company. And a majority of LU workers
are lazy and not customer focused. I wouldn't have watched, while LU
worker got his head kicked in by a drunk customer.

You weren't the person wanting to complain the other day about one of a bank
of ten ticket machines not being open whilst I had far better things to deal
with, such as a total suspension west of Baker Street were you?

Old September 11th 03, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:02:31 +0100, "Robin Mayes"
wrote:

"CJG" wrote in message
.. .

As much as I think LU is a **** company. And a majority of LU workers
are lazy and not customer focused. I wouldn't have watched, while LU
worker got his head kicked in by a drunk customer.

You weren't the person wanting to complain the other day about one of a bank
of ten ticket machines not being open whilst I had far better things to deal
with, such as a total suspension west of Baker Street were you?

No, he was the one complaining about a service suspension due to a
person under a train.

He wanted to know why a suicide should disrupt the service!

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old September 12th 03, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
James Masterton wrote:
In message , Mike Bristow
writes
I did this morning, and yesterday. Both (as it happens) at Stratford.

Perhaps you're looking in the wrong places?

A slightly unrepresentative example given that the whole of the Royal
Docks and attached areas have been crawling with police owing to the
presence of an international arms fair taking place at Excel Trust
me, there are police every 15 yards here at the moment...

Well, yes. But it's not unusual at all to see police on the
Underground. (There was some at Archway yesterday).

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.
Old September 12th 03, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robert Woolley" wrote in message

No, he was the one complaining about a service suspension due to a
person under a train.

He wanted to know why a suicide should disrupt the service!

Why should it. It's a bit of meat under a train. Does it matter if
it gets chewed up a bit more by the passing of a few trains?

Old September 13th 03, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default GNER

The following day of witnessing this whole thing at Waterloo. I got a
train "up North" on GNER. And literally within 5 minutes of leaving
London a guy in my carriage went nuts and attacking a guy and woman.
Within seconds about three or four train guards had hold of him and kept
him in his seat until Stevenage when he was taken off the train.
--
CJG
Old September 14th 03, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message
The following day of witnessing this whole thing at Waterloo. I got a
train "up North" on GNER. And literally within 5 minutes of leaving
London a guy in my carriage went nuts and attacking a guy and woman.
Within seconds about three or four train guards had hold of him and kept
him in his seat until Stevenage when he was taken off the train.

You sure do seem to have a strange influence on some people!
: )