Old September 9th 03, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Excitement At Waterloo

Drunk bloke smoking on Westbound Platform. LU guy asks him to put it
out. He gets abusive. LU guy asks him to leave. Drunk guy decides to go
on to other platform. LU guy goes after him and starts trying to stop
him. Drunk bloke fights back and LU guy only escapes having his head
kicked in by two passengers stepping in to pull the drunk guy off him.
Im sure this happens all the time. But coming back from peaceful quiet
break. It was kinda a "Welcome back to London" moment.
--
CJG

Old September 9th 03, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message
Drunk bloke smoking on Westbound Platform. LU guy asks him to put it
out. He gets abusive. LU guy asks him to leave. Drunk guy decides to go
on to other platform. LU guy goes after him and starts trying to stop
him. Drunk bloke fights back and LU guy only escapes having his head
kicked in by two passengers stepping in to pull the drunk guy off him.
Im sure this happens all the time. But coming back from peaceful quiet
break. It was kinda a "Welcome back to London" moment.

Can we presume that you were *not* one of these public spirited individuals.
We can accept a moment's immodesty in this instance I feel, others may
disagree.

Old September 9th 03, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG wrote the following in:

Drunk bloke smoking on Westbound Platform. LU guy asks him to put
it out. He gets abusive. LU guy asks him to leave. Drunk guy
decides to go on to other platform. LU guy goes after him and
starts trying to stop him. Drunk bloke fights back and LU guy only
escapes having his head kicked in by two passengers stepping in to
pull the drunk guy off him. Im sure this happens all the time. But
coming back from peaceful quiet break. It was kinda a "Welcome
back to London" moment.

Why are you relaying this story?

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.
Old September 9th 03, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
Can we presume that you were *not* one of these public spirited
individuals. We can accept a moment's immodesty in this instance I
feel, others may disagree.

Well I was actually pushed out of the way by the both of them as they
come onto the platform. And two people were already holding him down so
what exactly what did you want me to do? Kick him while they held him
down?
--
CJG
Old September 9th 03, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Robin May
writes
Why are you relaying this story?

Well it is a newsgroup for London Transport. And it did happen on London
Underground property which Im guessing comes under the term "London
Transport"?
Sorry. Didn't have any criticism of London Underground in it did it?
Well...... LU staff were a bit thin on the ground helping the poor LU
guy out. I dont know if they have people who are designated to sort
problem customers out. But I think he was just a poor sap who happened
to be on duty on the platform.

--
CJG

Old September 9th 03, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message
In message , Cast_Iron
writes
Can we presume that you were *not* one of these public spirited
individuals. We can accept a moment's immodesty in this instance I
feel, others may disagree.

Well I was actually pushed out of the way by the both of them as they
come onto the platform. And two people were already holding him down so
what exactly what did you want me to do? Kick him while they held him
down?

I didn't "want" you to do anything, I was posing a question to ascertain
your part in the proceedings, if any, other than as an observer.

Old September 9th 03, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , CJG
writes
Kick him while they held him down?

Great idea!
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this
Old September 9th 03, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message
I dont know if they have people who are designated to sort
problem customers out. But I think he was just a poor sap who happened
to be on duty on the platform.

Allegedly they are called the British Transport Police.

Old September 10th 03, 07:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
I didn't "want" you to do anything, I was posing a question to
ascertain your part in the proceedings, if any, other than as an
observer.

As much as I think LU is a **** company. And a majority of LU workers
are lazy and not customer focused. I wouldn't have watched, while LU
worker got his head kicked in by a drunk customer.
--
CJG
Old September 10th 03, 07:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Robin Mayes
writes
Allegedly they are called the British Transport Police.

Three days in New York I police on the subway about 10times. Maybe more.
In a year of living in London. And in years of coming to London on a
bi-weekly basis I have never ever seen any kind of police officer on