Old July 13th 08, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube to Heathrow T5

I'll be trying the tube to T5 next Sat early.
What destination shows for a T5 train?
Its just that the map seems to show T5 as a siding off the main loop.
Martin J.

Old July 13th 08, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin J" wrote in message
I'll be trying the tube to T5 next Sat early.
What destination shows for a T5 train?
Its just that the map seems to show T5 as a siding off the main loop.

Front of train will show Heathrow 123 & 5
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.

Old July 13th 08, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Jul, 19:52, Martin J wrote:
I'll be trying the tube to T5 next Sat early.
What destination shows for a T5 train?
Its just that the map seems to show T5 as a siding off the main loop.
Martin J.

Half the trains go to T5 via T123 and half essentially terminate at T4
(though you won't be kicked off), because they wait 5 minutes like
they do at other termini, before continuing in service through T1,2,3
back to Hatton Cross and central London. As you can imagine, you want
to get the T5 service (it'll say "T1,2,3 and 5" on the front and the
platform signs).

In the early morning it'll be best to get the first train, whatever
its destination, and change at Hatton Cross if necessary. This'll
allow you to catch trains coming into service out of Northfields
depot.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

Old July 14th 08, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mr Thant" wrote in message

On 13 Jul, 19:52, Martin J wrote:
I'll be trying the tube to T5 next Sat early.
What destination shows for a T5 train?
Its just that the map seems to show T5 as a siding off the main loop.
Martin J.

Half the trains go to T5 via T123 and half essentially terminate at T4
(though you won't be kicked off), because they wait 5 minutes like
they do at other termini, before continuing in service through T1,2,3
back to Hatton Cross and central London. As you can imagine, you want
to get the T5 service (it'll say "T1,2,3 and 5" on the front and the
platform signs).

In the early morning it'll be best to get the first train, whatever
its destination, and change at Hatton Cross if necessary. This'll
allow you to catch trains coming into service out of Northfields
depot.

Also, try and get in the second carriage, and use the lifts, not the
escalator when you get to T5. When you return, try and remember to turn
sharp right when you enter the arrivals hall from customs.

Old July 14th 08, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

I'll be trying the tube to T5 next Sat early.
What destination shows for a T5 train?
Its just that the map seems to show T5 as a siding off the main

loop.

Front of train will show Heathrow 123 & 5

Hopefully

What else might it show? Plain "Heathrow"?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old July 14th 08, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . uk, at
20:09:00 on Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:
Front of train will show Heathrow 123 & 5

Hopefully

What else might it show? Plain "Heathrow"?

Heathrow 4 & 123, which misses out T5 where the OP was trying to get.
Old July 14th 08, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

In message . uk, at
20:09:00 on Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:
Front of train will show Heathrow 123 & 5

Hopefully

What else might it show? Plain "Heathrow"?

Heathrow 4 & 123, which misses out T5 where the OP was trying to get.

In some stations, the platform indicators still just say "Heathrow", so
you do need to look at the train itself.

Old July 15th 08, 12:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
.co.uk...
In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

I'll be trying the tube to T5 next Sat early.
What destination shows for a T5 train?
Its just that the map seems to show T5 as a siding off the main

loop.

Front of train will show Heathrow 123 & 5

Hopefully

What else might it show? Plain "Heathrow"?

Errr, I think Steve was pointing out that with our super-whizzy digital
destination blinds, the front of the train could well be showing something
along the lines of "HE THRO 12 & #"