Old January 5th 04, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default From Heathrow to zone 1 with the tube

How much does the ticket cost?
And if I buy at the same time a zone 1 travelcard the price is teh same?
Thank You.

Old January 5th 04, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aglians" wrote in message
How much does the ticket cost?
And if I buy at the same time a zone 1 travelcard the price is teh same?
Thank You.

Anglians,

Check out www.thetube.com - it's got all the answers (see
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/ticke...eandreturn.asp)

Heathrow is in zone 6.

Old January 5th 04, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"jamess" ha scritto nel messaggio
"Aglians" wrote in message
How much does the ticket cost?
And if I buy at the same time a zone 1 travelcard the price is teh same?
Thank You.

Anglians,

Check out www.thetube.com - it's got all the answers (see
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/ticke...eandreturn.asp)

Heathrow is in zone 6.

Thank you very much for the link.
If I understood well, I can buy a 1 day Tavelcard for zone 1 and a 5 zones
ticket, isn't it?
Ciao.

Old January 5th 04, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aglians" typed

"Aglians" wrote in message
How much does the ticket cost?
And if I buy at the same time a zone 1 travelcard the price is teh same?
Thank You.

Anglians,

Check out www.thetube.com - it's got all the answers (see
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/ticke...eandreturn.asp)

Heathrow is in zone 6.

Thank you very much for the link.
If I understood well, I can buy a 1 day Tavelcard for zone 1 and a 5 zones
ticket, isn't it?
Ciao.

You will need a 6 zone ticket (£3.80 single) to go from Heathrow to Zone
1. An Off-Peak One Day Travelcard (valid after 09:30) costs £5.30 for
Zones 1-6 or £4.30 for zones 1-2. Travelcards are valid on buses,
Tramlink and National Rail, as well as the Tube.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old January 5th 04, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aglians" typed

"Aglians" wrote in message
How much does the ticket cost?
And if I buy at the same time a zone 1 travelcard the price is teh
same? Thank You.

Anglians,

Check out www.thetube.com - it's got all the answers (see
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/ticke...eandreturn.asp)

Heathrow is in zone 6.

Thank you very much for the link.
If I understood well, I can buy a 1 day Tavelcard for zone 1 and a 5
zones ticket, isn't it?
Ciao.

You will need a 6 zone ticket (£3.80 single) to go from Heathrow to
Zone 1. An Off-Peak One Day Travelcard (valid after 09:30) costs £5.30
for Zones 1-6 or £4.30 for zones 1-2. Travelcards are valid on buses,
Tramlink and National Rail, as well as the Tube.

The Zones 1-6 Off-peak Day Travelcard is £5.40, not £5.30.

Just to clarify: if you are travelling from Heathrow to Zone 1 AND making
other tube journeys in Zone 1 on the same day, you need only a Zones 1-6
Off-Peak Day Travelcard which costs £5.40 after 09:30.

If you want to start your journey from Heathrow before 09:30, you should
buy a single ticket for Zones 1-6, price £3.80, and then separate tickets
or a Zone 1-2 Travelcard later for your other journeys.
--
Richard J.

Old January 5th 04, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Just to clarify: if you are travelling from Heathrow to Zone 1 AND making
other tube journeys in Zone 1 on the same day, you need only a Zones 1-6
Off-Peak Day Travelcard which costs £5.40 after 09:30.

I think it is enough a Zones 2-6 single ticket + Zone 1 day travelcard (if
journey is in off peak).
Am I wrong?

Old January 5th 04, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Aglians wrote:
Just to clarify: if you are travelling from Heathrow to Zone 1 AND
making other tube journeys in Zone 1 on the same day, you need only
a Zones 1-6 Off-Peak Day Travelcard which costs £5.40 after 09:30.

I think it is enough a Zones 2-6 single ticket + Zone 1 day
travelcard (if journey is in off peak).
Am I wrong?

There is no Travelcard for Zone 1 only. A Zone 3-6 single ticket and a
Zone 1-2 Travelcard would cost £2.20 + £4.30 = £6.50. It's cheaper and
easier to buy a Zones 1-6 Travelcard (£5.40 off-peak).
--
Richard J.