Old August 1st 08, 04:12 PM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default BBC: Attempt to "Save" Lost Euston Arch

On Jul 31, 2:52*pm, Charlie Hulme
wrote:
tim..... wrote:
I understood it to be somewhere (not) underneath what is now the bus station
(i.e nowhere near the platforms at all)

It was roughly where the lower level concourse across
the platforms is today.

I admit that for a long time I assumed it must have
been *between the two lodges on Euston Road - and
funnily enough that is where the rebuilding proponents
would like it to be in the future.

see

http://www.eustonarch.org

The one thing I dislike about that site is their
sneering (to borrow a word from another thread) at the
present station building, whose architecture (in my
view) is fine ... or was until they filled the place
with stalls selling unnecessary plastic objects.

That would be a matter of taste. To me the "New" Euston represents
everything that was a wrong about the sixties and its "Concrete
Communism" architecture.