Old August 19th 08, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default M25 pick up

eastender wrote:
For someone driving round the M1- M3 stretch of the M25 what would be
a good pick up station to collect someone on the way? ie, someone
coming from central London? I'm thinking Uxbridge, but maybe there's
a better one?

thx

E.

Hillingdon or West Ruislip if they are using the tube. Both stations have
car parks and are 5 mins (in non-rush hour) traffic from the M25.

I'd say West Ruislip is better if they are using the tube - the central line
is quicker usually.

Mike P

Old August 19th 08, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 06:37:05 on Tue, 19
Aug 2008, Adrian remarked:
What about Denham.

It's a long way off the M25, by car (rather than flying crow).

Rubbish.

About a mile of M40, then about a mile and a bit of dual-carriageway
A40.

That's the way out to the south, plus you have to get to it from the
north. The train service only 2tph too.

It's less than 10 mins from J17 of the M25 , pick up at Denham, get back on
the M25 where it meets the M40. I use this route sometimes to avoid traffic
on the M25..

Mike O

Old August 19th 08, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Chris gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

It depends a bit on the time of day, but I'd suggest Rickmansworth
offpeak and Chorleywood peak. In both cases you can exit at j18 and
join again at j17.

Completely agree with Roland - we do it regularly,. Denham is harder to
get to, both for pickee and picker.

C'wood & Ricky are tube fares, too - much cheaper.
Old August 19th 08, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:24:21 on Tue, 19
Aug 2008, Mike P remarked:
About a mile of M40, then about a mile and a bit of dual-carriageway
A40.

That's the way out to the south, plus you have to get to it from the
north. The train service only 2tph too.

It's less than 10 mins from J17 of the M25 , pick up at Denham, get back on
the M25 where it meets the M40. I use this route sometimes to avoid traffic
on the M25..

But it's even quicker to use Rickmansworth or Chorleywood.

I used to drive through Denham *before* there was an M25, and later
lived in Chorleywood for six months.
Old August 20th 08, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"Mike P" wrote in message
eastender wrote:
For someone driving round the M1- M3 stretch of the M25 what would be
a good pick up station to collect someone on the way? ie, someone
coming from central London? I'm thinking Uxbridge, but maybe there's
a better one?

thx

E.

Hillingdon or West Ruislip if they are using the tube. Both stations have
car parks and are 5 mins (in non-rush hour) traffic from the M25.

I'd say West Ruislip is better if they are using the tube - the central
line is quicker usually.

Mike P

West Ruislip has better parking that Hillingdon.

Old August 20th 08, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:48:34 on Wed,
20 Aug 2008, remarked:

West Ruislip has better parking that Hillingdon.

Doesn't matter for a pick-up. In fact I'm pretty sure that "hovering" at
Hillingdon is going to be easier than West Ruislip (not that either of
these is much use for an M25 pickup).
Old August 20th 08, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 14:24:21 on Tue, 19 Aug
2008, Mike P remarked:
About a mile of M40, then about a mile and a bit of dual-carriageway
A40.

That's the way out to the south, plus you have to get to it from the
north. The train service only 2tph too.

It's less than 10 mins from J17 of the M25 , pick up at Denham, get back
on
the M25 where it meets the M40. I use this route sometimes to avoid
traffic
on the M25..

But it's even quicker to use Rickmansworth or Chorleywood.

I used to drive through Denham *before* there was an M25, and later lived
in Chorleywood for six months.

I leave the M25 at Chorleywood and I am glad that I don't join the motorway
here in the morning. The queues are often back to the Sarrat turn.
Does Rickmansworth having anywhere to wait?

Kevin

Old August 20th 08, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mike P" wrote in message
eastender wrote:
For someone driving round the M1- M3 stretch of the M25 what would be
a good pick up station to collect someone on the way? ie, someone
coming from central London? I'm thinking Uxbridge, but maybe there's
a better one?

thx

E.

Hillingdon or West Ruislip if they are using the tube. Both stations have
car parks and are 5 mins (in non-rush hour) traffic from the M25.

I'd say West Ruislip is better if they are using the tube - the central
line is quicker usually.

Mike P

Not the easiest of stations to find but then neither is Chorleywood.

Kevin

Old August 20th 08, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"Zen83237" wrote in message

"Mike P" wrote in message
eastender wrote:
For someone driving round the M1- M3 stretch of the M25 what would be
a good pick up station to collect someone on the way? ie, someone
coming from central London? I'm thinking Uxbridge, but maybe there's
a better one?

thx

E.

Hillingdon or West Ruislip if they are using the tube. Both stations have
car parks and are 5 mins (in non-rush hour) traffic from the M25.

I'd say West Ruislip is better if they are using the tube - the central
line is quicker usually.

Mike P

Not the easiest of stations to find but then neither is Chorleywood.

Kevin

Think West Ruislip is hard to find, you should try finding Ickenham station.
It's down some country lane.

Old August 21st 08, 07:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 21:09:29 on
Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Zen83237 remarked:

I leave the M25 at Chorleywood and I am glad that I don't join the motorway
here in the morning. The queues are often back to the Sarrat turn.

What are the queues like at J17, which is where the OP would have been
exiting?

Does Rickmansworth having anywhere to wait?

It's a fairly conventional station forecourt, so should be OK outside
the rush hours. There's a big pub just across the road and last time I
picked someone up I waited in the pub.

Unable to pick up Oyster from NR in Jan 10 elyob[_2_] London Transport 16 January 3rd 10 12:13 AM
I searching personage lives near motorway west M25 south M25 Leon London Transport 1 May 10th 05 05:31 PM
M25 Protest Joe London Transport 3 December 20th 04 11:01 AM
London Orbital (M25) - Service Areas Bob Martin London Transport 96 July 8th 04 10:07 AM
M25 at 8 am ? Alistair Bell London Transport 4 April 2nd 04 10:23 AM