Old September 17th 08, 10:17 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

Default BBC funds graffiti criminal

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 02:10:09 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

On Sep 17, 9:30*am, Boltar wrote:
On Sep 16, 6:08 pm, MIG wrote:

The penny doesn't seem to be dropping that decorating a set is not a
crime. *The three million people are no more seeing a crime than if
there was fake blood splatter from acted murder scene. *It's
entertainment, with references to the existence of crime. *There's a
lot of that kind of entertainment.

And the penny doesn't seem to be dropping with you that the only
reason he got the job was *because* he'd committed a crime. They
obviously wanted a specific well known tag otherwise why didn't they
just get their set designer to scribble some crap on a wall? Its not
exactly rocket science.

I'm sure that there must be easier ways of getting your work noticed
than being convicted of crimes (and if not caught, they couldn't have
found and used him). You could say that they were encouraging
criminals to get caught.

People in gaol get work, and get paid for it, that unemployed people
outside probably couldn't get (whatever the modern equivalent of
sowing mailbags is). Maybe they commit crimes just to get this work.
Our justice system is funding criminals. Outrage.

How long does a mailbag take to germinate?

Old September 17th 08, 10:59 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:
On Sep 17, 9:30*am, Boltar wrote:
On Sep 16, 6:08 pm, MIG wrote:

[...]

Twenty six (which, by a remarkable coincidence, is the length of a
piece of string).
Old September 17th 08, 02:33 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

"Light of Aria" wrote in message

"Carl Waring" wrote in message
"Carl Waring" wrote in message
news
"Light of Aria" wrote in message
The BBC have been instrumental in encouraging and promoting graffiti
for 10 years now.

I'm sure that you will be able to back-up this claim with facts and also
cite credible sources for your statement.

Or not, as the case may be.

Oh, hang on. I /was/ thinking that you might actually be moaning about
the BBC's (and every other broadcasters) use of DOGs but I've just
noticed the other group you x-posted this to.

I assume that you must be on about the advertising of it's programming
that the BBC (and every other broadcaster) does around London, etc.

If so, what's the bloody problem? Are you exceptionally stupid or
something?

--
Carl Waring
DigiGuide:

What you call advertising, is what I regard as graffiti and vandalism.

So, to you, any billboard is graffiti and vandalism; or just the
BBC-specific ones?

A very odd POV in either case.

Old September 17th 08, 07:52 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Sep 17, 5:36*pm, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 02:10:09 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

On Sep 17, 9:30*am, Boltar wrote:
On Sep 16, 6:08 pm, MIG wrote:

crime.

crime.

People in gaol get work, and get paid for it, that unemployed people
outside probably couldn't get (whatever the modern equivalent of sowing
mailbags is). *Maybe they commit crimes just to get this work. Our
justice system is funding criminals. *Outrage.

How long does a mailbag take to germinate?

Not long, but then getting them to breed with a femail bag can take years..

It's all the tewing and frewing they do. Sigh. Who needs trowling
when one can generate sow much with typose (a monosaccharide with OH
groups transposed).
Old September 17th 08, 10:14 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 02:10:09 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

On Sep 17, 9:30*am, Boltar wrote:
On Sep 16, 6:08 pm, MIG wrote:

crime.

crime.

People in gaol get work, and get paid for it, that unemployed people
outside probably couldn't get (whatever the modern equivalent of
sowing mailbags is).

How long does a mailbag take to germinate?

Not long, but then getting them to breed with a femail bag can take years.

It's all the tewing and frewing they do. Sigh. Who needs trowling when
one can generate sow much with typose (a monosaccharide with OH groups
transposed).

HO HO HO.

tom

--
shouting drunkenly about 6502 assembler at parties
Old September 17th 08, 11:23 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

news "Light of Aria" wrote in message
[...]

It depends on the context and place.

There are certain places such as urban built up areas where there is dead
space like railway bridges and the sides of industrial units or fly overs,
when I don't have a problem with adverts.

There are certain places where I have a great big problem with adverts:
Springs to mind, the top of peoples' heads, scenery, drama and films,
documentaries, scientific or artistic material, the countryside, public open
spaces, public squares, the central action on sporting events, news
bulletins, etc.

I could not give a monkeys whether you or the BBC do not agree with my POV.
So long as they cause me offence (or you concur with), I will not pay them
nor subsidise your entertainment.

On general balance, advertising does more harm to the world than good, not
precluding some of its benefits. I am extremely hostile to advertising, and
this is one of the key factors that therefore makes me more hostile to the
BBC than irony of ironies commercial television.

Old September 18th 08, 08:38 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

Light of Aria wrote:
There are certain places where I have a great big problem with
adverts: Springs to mind, the top of peoples' heads, scenery, drama
and films, documentaries, scientific or artistic material, the
countryside, public open spaces, public squares, the central action
on sporting events, news bulletins, etc.

Ahh. So you /were/ talking about DOGs, etc. and not bill-boards. Glad we
cleared that up at least.

me more hostile to the BBC than irony of ironies commercial
television.

Yeah, 'cos commercial channels /never/ do that, do they? :-(

Old September 18th 08, 10:34 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.transport.london

Light of Aria wrote:
There are certain places where I have a great big problem with
adverts: Springs to mind, the top of peoples' heads, scenery, drama
and films, documentaries, scientific or artistic material, the
countryside, public open spaces, public squares, the central action
on sporting events, news bulletins, etc.

Ahh. So you /were/ talking about DOGs, etc. and not bill-boards. Glad we
cleared that up at least.

DOGs, shout overs, billboards = grafitti and **** to me.

There is no difference to tagging a wall or park bench to tagging my TV
picture as far as I'm concernced, nor for that matter shouting over music.
They are anti-social, undesirable, "sinful" and immorale activities.

I accordingly regard The BBC as an organisation that is full of the immorale
and inferior.

me more hostile to the BBC than irony of ironies commercial
television.

Yeah, 'cos commercial channels /never/ do that, do they? :-(

--

I am under no obligation to be a viewer of commercial channels nor do they
leach my own money.

I have no "commercial" or financial relationship with these people, thank
you.