Old October 8th 08, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Overground

I just noticed that the ATOC version of the London Connections map
http://nationalrail.co.uk/system/gal...onnections.pdf
shows the London Overground as still part of the NR network. I would have
thought they would have switched to using a thin line, like those used for
Underground lines.

Old October 8th 08, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Oct 8, 10:50*am, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I just noticed that the ATOC version of the London Connections maphttp://nationalrail.co.uk/system/galleries/download/print_maps/London...
shows the London Overground as still part of the NR network. I would have
thought they would have switched to using a thin line, like those used for
Underground lines.

I thought it was part of National Rail, but with services specified by
TfL?
Old October 8th 08, 10:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 Oct, 10:50, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I just noticed that the ATOC version of the London Connections maphttp://nationalrail.co.uk/system/galleries/download/print_maps/London...
shows the London Overground as still part of the NR network. I would have
thought they would have switched to using a thin line, like those used for
Underground lines.

It's only TfL that pretend it isn't part of the National Rail network.
The only difference from any other Train Operating Company is that
it's managed by TfL rather than DfT, and the division of labour
between TfL and its contractor (LOROL) is slightly different than
between the DfT and its franchised operators. Other than that it's
just a train company like any other.

This only applies to current services - ELL services will be a whole
different can of worms in terms of where they fit in the national
network, and indeed where the TfL-owned part of the line does.