Old October 12th 08, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wood Lane station

On 12 Oct, 21:01, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 12 Oct, 13:17, "Paul Scott" wrote:

They intend to double it in the next couple of years when it becomes the
'Hammersmith and Circle'.

If I still had a blog, I'd note that after the opening of Wood Lane
and the unravelling of the Circle Line there'll be no changes to the
tube network for the foreseeable future*. And as far as I can tell,
there are no new stations or new lines of any kind due between the
opening of the current DLR extensions, ELL and Imperial Wharf (ca.
2011) and Crossrail (ca. 2017 if it happens). Have I got that right?

* Split of the Northern Line maybe, Bakerloo to Watford unlikely,
Bakerloo or Northern extensions south, double unlikely.

It depends on whether you count the Blackfriars work as being a new
station (the Tube station will be almost completely re-built) or just
an extension of the existing.

Old October 12th 08, 09:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 Oct, 21:01, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 12 Oct, 13:17, "Paul Scott" wrote:

They intend to double it in the next couple of years when it becomes the
'Hammersmith and Circle'.

If I still had a blog, I'd note that after the opening of Wood Lane
and the unravelling of the Circle Line there'll be no changes to the
tube network for the foreseeable future*. And as far as I can tell,
there are no new stations or new lines of any kind due between the
opening of the current DLR extensions, ELL and Imperial Wharf (ca.
2011) and Crossrail (ca. 2017 if it happens). Have I got that right?

Cross river transit? Or has that been cancelled (and replaced by
scummy dangerous murder-buses)

Tweaks to the Olympia service

There's a few rebuildings, Euston Square/Warren Street connection?

What Northern line extensions could there be?
Old October 13th 08, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Paul Weaver wrote:
What Northern line extensions could there be?

Kennington - Battersea was mooted by the developers of the power
station.

I think that counts as at least 'treble unlikely', though.

--
Shenanigans! Shenanigans! Best of 3!
-- Flash

Old October 13th 08, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Cross river transit? Or has that been cancelled (and replaced by
scummy dangerous murder-buses)

That's not tube ;-)

* Bakerloo to Watford Junction (will happen eventually, but not until
Victoria line upgrade will be complete)
* Bakerloo to Camberwell (highly unlikely, not even planning started)
* Metropolitan to Watford Junction (unlikely, unless there will be
sudden about face)
* Split of Northern (quite likely, can be done at any time even now)
* Northern to Battersea Power Station (castle in the sky)
* Replacement of Chesham shuttle with direct service (unlikely, unless
opinion of people in Amersham will be completely disregarded)
Old October 13th 08, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Alex wrote:
Cross river transit? Or has that been cancelled (and replaced by
scummy dangerous murder-buses)

That's not tube ;-)

* Bakerloo to Watford Junction (will happen eventually, but not until
Victoria line upgrade will be complete)
* Bakerloo to Camberwell (highly unlikely, not even planning started)
* Metropolitan to Watford Junction (unlikely, unless there will be
sudden about face)
* Split of Northern (quite likely, can be done at any time even now)
* Northern to Battersea Power Station (castle in the sky)
* Replacement of Chesham shuttle with direct service (unlikely, unless
opinion of people in Amersham will be completely disregarded)

Nor is Metropolitan! :-)

Peter Beale

Old October 13th 08, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Oct, 10:34, Alex wrote:
* Bakerloo to Watford Junction (will happen eventually, but not until
Victoria line upgrade will be complete)

TfL have stopped making noises about it. They seem to have decided
they're happy with the status quo. From what I hear the plan to reuse
Victoria Line stock is definitely dead.

* Bakerloo to Camberwell (highly unlikely, not even planning started)

Tim O'Toole did mention it as a goer in an interview a a couple of
years ago, but there's never been anything official.

* Replacement of Chesham shuttle with direct service (unlikely, unless
opinion of people in Amersham will be completely disregarded)

I think the latter is quite likely, because every other plan to serve
Chesham once S-Stock is introduced has been ruled out.

Old October 13th 08, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008, Mr Thant wrote:

On 12 Oct, 13:17, "Paul Scott" wrote:
They intend to double it in the next couple of years when it becomes the
'Hammersmith and Circle'.

If I still had a blog, I'd note that after the opening of Wood Lane
and the unravelling of the Circle Line there'll be no changes to the
tube network for the foreseeable future*. And as far as I can tell,
there are no new stations or new lines of any kind due between the
opening of the current DLR extensions, ELL and Imperial Wharf (ca.
2011) and Crossrail (ca. 2017 if it happens). Have I got that right?

* Split of the Northern Line maybe, Bakerloo to Watford unlikely,
Bakerloo or Northern extensions south, double unlikely.

I assume you're counting the Croxley Link as 'not going to happen'. If it
did, what would the timescale be? Is that even a meaningful question? I
would imagine it would come after 2011, but whether it could happen before
2017 is another question.

tom

--
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
Old October 13th 08, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Alex wrote:

* Split of Northern (quite likely, can be done at any time even now)

Not quite - the split would increase the number of people changing at
Camden Town, and the station can't handle that. Splitting the line thus
involves rebuilding Camden Town.

tom

--
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
Old October 13th 08, 03:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Oct, 09:32, Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Paul Weaver wrote:

What Northern line extensions could there be?

Kennington - Battersea was mooted by the developers of the power
station.

I think that counts as at least 'treble unlikely', though.

Presumably via Vauxhall?

How about forking the Victoria at Vauxhall -- I was under the
impression there were capacity problems at Brixton
Old October 13th 08, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nor is Metropolitan! :-)

Tell it to TfL ;-)