London Banter

-   -   Good to see the piccadilly line is as shit as ever (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7334-good-see-piccadilly-line-shit.html)

[email protected] December 6th 08 05:53 PM

Good to see the piccadilly line is as shit as ever

Its always nice to have some things in life that you can always never
rely on. Get to the station mid afternoon on a saturday - already
platform is packed so obviously no train for a long time. 10 mins
later a train finally bothers to turn up. Any station announcements?
Any apologies from the driver? What do you bloody think. But naturally
when we get to finsbury park we get the "regulating the service"
bull**** delay. ******s.

Utterly ****ing pathetic.

B2003

Nathan Whitington[_2_] December 7th 08 09:10 PM

On Dec 6, 6:53*pm, wrote:
Its always nice to have some things in life that you can always never
rely on. Get to the station mid afternoon on a saturday - already
platform is packed so obviously no train for a long time. 10 mins
later a train finally bothers to turn up. Any station announcements?
Any apologies from the driver? What do you bloody think. But naturally
when we get to finsbury park we get the "regulating the service"
bull**** delay. ******s.

Utterly ****ing pathetic.

B2003

I'm afraid that is the arrogance of London, Londoners and anything to
do with London.

Live with it.

[email protected] December 8th 08 09:37 AM

On Dec 7, 10:10 pm, Nathan Whitington wrote:
I'm afraid that is the arrogance of London, Londoners and anything to
do with London.

Live with it.

No , its just the ship of fools known as LU. Never mind not being able
to organise a **** up in a brewery , they wouldn't be able to find the
brewery in the first place.

B2003

Tom Barry December 8th 08 10:46 AM

wrote:
On Dec 7, 10:10 pm, Nathan Whitington wrote:
I'm afraid that is the arrogance of London, Londoners and anything to
do with London.

Live with it.

No , its just the ship of fools known as LU. Never mind not being able
to organise a **** up in a brewery , they wouldn't be able to find the
brewery in the first place.

B2003

Or, to balance things a little, how about this? My missus arrived at
Heathrow from a weekend trip to Iceland, got on the Piccadilly, rang me
on emerging at Hounslow. I had just enough time to jump in the car,
de-ice it thoroughly (since it was freezing last night) and drive
gingerly up to Acton Town to pick her up. Cost a quid on her Oyster.
That's not too bad for a ship of fools, is it, but then Boltar could
nitpick over the introduction of a policy of free beer and sex.

Tom

MIG December 8th 08 10:56 AM

On Dec 8, 11:46*am, Tom Barry wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I bet the free beer and sex offer wouldn't cover south London. Bah.

Alex[_3_] December 8th 08 11:06 AM

Good to see the piccadilly line is as shit as ever

I bet the free beer and sex offer wouldn't cover south London. *Bah.

South London is where the monsters live. Why would you want to be
there?

MIG December 8th 08 11:10 AM

On Dec 8, 12:06*pm, Alex wrote:
I bet the free beer and sex offer wouldn't cover south London. *Bah.

South London is where the monsters live. Why would you want to be
there?

To be among my kind and not shunned ...

[email protected] December 8th 08 11:11 AM

Good to see the piccadilly line is as shit as ever

On Dec 8, 11:46 am, Tom Barry wrote:
Or, to balance things a little, how about this? My missus arrived at
Heathrow from a weekend trip to Iceland, got on the Piccadilly, rang me
on emerging at Hounslow. I had just enough time to jump in the car,
de-ice it thoroughly (since it was freezing last night) and drive
gingerly up to Acton Town to pick her up. Cost a quid on her Oyster.

Zone 6 to zone 3 is only a quid? Given its costs me 1.50 to go from
zone 4 to 2 I find that hard to believe.

That's not too bad for a ship of fools, is it, but then Boltar could
nitpick over the introduction of a policy of free beer and sex.

That people think complaining about shonky service is nitpicking
rather sums up this sad little island.

B2003

MIG December 8th 08 11:30 AM

On Dec 8, 12:11*pm, wrote:
On Dec 8, 11:46 am, Tom Barry wrote:

Or, to balance things a little, how about this? *My missus arrived at
Heathrow from a weekend trip to Iceland, got on the Piccadilly, rang me
on emerging at Hounslow. *I had just enough time to jump in the car,
de-ice it thoroughly (since it was freezing last night) and drive
gingerly up to Acton Town to pick her up. *Cost a quid on her Oyster.

Zone 6 to zone 3 is only a quid? Given its costs me 1.50 to go from
zone 4 to 2 I find that hard to believe.

It's true. I've paid £1 from Wembley Park to Amersham (having had to
get there by bus because I had a paper zone 1 - 2 travelcard and
couldn't touch in on the way).

Andrew Heenan December 8th 08 11:37 AM

"Tom Barry" wrote:
That's not too bad for a ship of fools, is it, but then Boltar could
nitpick over the introduction of a policy of free beer and sex.

Boltar wouldn't understand the concept of free beer ("I want lemonade, and I
want it now!"), and probably thinks that 'sex' is something that happens
between consenting fives and sevens.
--

Andrew

"She plays the tuba.