Old December 28th 08, 12:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL's new rapist minicab advert

On Dec 27, 3:26*pm, asdf wrote:
I see the rapist minicab driver is still white ... has Boris sacked any of
Ken's racist Labour cronies since he took office at all?

Are you a) actually incapable of thinking the above through; b)
unaware that racists traditionally stereotype black men as rapists; or
c) a racist who stereotypes black men as rapists? Because I can't see
any other explanation for why you'd even find this controversial...

The reason this is controversial is that almost everyone depicted in
TfL's publicity is black or Asian, *except* when they are some sort of
criminal (fare dodger, rapist, etc) in which case they are invariably
white.

But that's absolute rubbish. Look at all these:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sit...uk+leaflet+pdf

....OK, the newsagent in the Oyster leaflet is either Asian or southern
European, but every other leaflet that has recognisable people in it
has large numbers of recognisable white people. And none of the ones
on the first 3 or 4 pages of the search are about criminals/fare
dodgers, either.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old December 28th 08, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 27, 6:04 pm, Tom Anderson wrote:
matters. We're not a group that's on the receiving end of discrimination -
nothing that actually does any harm, anyway. Black people are.

Since when? When was the last time you heard of a black guy being
beaten up by the NF? The black community seems quite content to
implode all on its own with the number of shootings and stabbings
going on. And before you mention any BS about them being descriminated
against in the workforce which is why there are so few in top
positions blah ****ing blah ask yourself in that case how come so many
asians and jews have made it to top positions if theres a cabel of
racists little englanders in charge.

B2003

Old December 28th 08, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Dec 28, 12:21*pm, wrote:
On Dec 27, 6:04 pm, Tom Anderson wrote:

matters. We're not a group that's on the receiving end of discrimination -
nothing that actually does any harm, anyway. Black people are.

Since when? When was the last time you heard of a black guy being
beaten up by the NF? The black community seems quite content to
implode all on its own with the number of shootings and stabbings
going on.

"Black community"? Since when did sharing a physical characteristic
make people a community?
Old December 28th 08, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 28, 12:59 pm, MIG wrote:
Since when? When was the last time you heard of a black guy being
beaten up by the NF? The black community seems quite content to
implode all on its own with the number of shootings and stabbings
going on.

"Black community"? Since when did sharing a physical characteristic
make people a community?

According to their own "community leaders" it does. Don't you watch TV
or listen to the radio?

B2003
Old December 28th 08, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Dec 28, 1:26*pm, wrote:
On Dec 28, 12:59 pm, MIG wrote:

Since when? When was the last time you heard of a black guy being
beaten up by the NF? The black community seems quite content to
implode all on its own with the number of shootings and stabbings
going on.

"Black community"? *Since when did sharing a physical characteristic
make people a community?

According to their own "community leaders" it does. Don't you watch TV
or listen to the radio?

Yes, and such phrases have always bugged me. I guess it's lazy
journalism to present vocal individuals (or worse, employees of
institutions promoting superstition) as "leaders" of other people with
similar physical characteristics.

Who are your community leaders (other than elected representatives of
everyone)?

Old December 28th 08, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
On Dec 28, 1:26 pm, wrote:
On Dec 28, 12:59 pm, MIG wrote:

Since when? When was the last time you heard of a black guy being
beaten up by the NF? The black community seems quite content to
implode all on its own with the number of shootings and stabbings
going on.

"Black community"? Since when did sharing a physical characteristic
make people a community?

According to their own "community leaders" it does. Don't you watch
TV or listen to the radio?

Yes, and such phrases have always bugged me. I guess it's lazy
journalism to present vocal individuals (or worse, employees of
institutions promoting superstition) as "leaders" of other people with
similar physical characteristics.

Who are your community leaders (other than elected representatives of
everyone)?

It's when you realise that the BNP are the white equivalent of non-white
"community leaders" that you realise how fundamentally fraudulent the phrase
is.

Old December 28th 08, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 28, 1:50 pm, MIG wrote:
Who are your community leaders (other than elected representatives of
everyone)?

Not being an ethnic minority with an axe to grind and a whole chip
shop on my shoulder, I don't have one.

B2003

Old December 28th 08, 06:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Dec 28, 4:32*pm, wrote:
On Dec 28, 1:50 pm, MIG wrote:

Who are your community leaders (other than elected representatives of
everyone)?

Not being an ethnic minority with an axe to grind and a whole chip
shop on my shoulder, I don't have one.

I am exactly the same as you in that respect. I also often express
opions. I must be your community leader.
Old December 29th 08, 10:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John B" wrote ...
On Dec 28, 12:21 pm, wrote:
snipped
****ing hell, you're a nasty piece of work.

He is.
So why encourage him by responding - and repeating his crap?
Killfile him, as everyone else has, and stop helping him spread his poison.

Old December 29th 08, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london