Old December 29th 08, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL's new rapist minicab advert

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 17:22:13 -0800 (PST), John B wrote:

The reason this is controversial is that almost everyone depicted in
TfL's publicity is black or Asian, *except* when they are some sort of
criminal (fare dodger, rapist, etc) in which case they are invariably
white.

But that's absolute rubbish. Look at all these:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sit...uk+leaflet+pdf

...OK, the newsagent in the Oyster leaflet is either Asian or southern
European, but every other leaflet that has recognisable people in it
has large numbers of recognisable white people. And none of the ones
on the first 3 or 4 pages of the search are about criminals/fare
dodgers, either.

Quite possibly. The last time this topic came up in the group, I paid
attention to TfL's poster campaigns for a while, and it was definitely
true then for those. I haven't paid much attention recently, or to
leaflets at all.

Old December 29th 08, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:47:06 -0800 (PST), John B
wrote:

The fact that those stereotypes exist, and that candidates with
stereotypically 'black' names and identical CVs are less likely to be
called to interview than those with neutral names, and that everyone
who's ever studied any kind of psychology at all is aware of reams of
evidence that everybody - especially those who don't believe racial
discrimination exists - makes judgements based on race *all the bloody
time* - could be seen as evidence in favour of my point.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwNSNLPIfw
Old December 30th 08, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 29, 7:42*pm, James Farrar wrote:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwNSNLPIfw

How many Oriental wives has Boltar got, I wonder? ;-)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old December 30th 08, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 30, 11:12*am, John B wrote:
On Dec 29, 7:42*pm, James Farrar wrote:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwNSNLPIfw

How many Oriental wives has Boltar got, I wonder? ;-)

youtube is blocked here so I'm afraid any comments/gags/sniping will
whoosh right over my head.

As usual some might say.

B2003

Old December 30th 08, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John B" wrote :
How many Oriental wives has Boltar got, I wonder? ;-)

The only 'trophy wife' I can imagine for Boltar would have to be papier
mache, or plastic blow-up, or one loving ly assembled from bits of fluff,
puppy dogs' tails and other bits of biological flotsam and jetsam.

I cannot imagine any human being staying within a block for more than 7.8
secs.

That's why he has to come here to insult most of the human race. And the
poor sap has never put 2 and 2 together, so he'll never change his ways. Or
his underwear.

But I'll bet his mum still loves him.
And that's what matters. Obviously.

Old December 30th 08, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 03:12:57 -0800 (PST), John B
wrote:

On Dec 29, 7:42*pm, James Farrar wrote:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwNSNLPIfw

How many Oriental wives has Boltar got, I wonder? ;-)

Whaa? Blian!
Old December 31st 08, 09:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 30, 5:30*pm, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
The only 'trophy wife' I can imagine for Boltar would have to be papier
mache, or plastic blow-up, or one loving ly assembled from bits of fluff,
puppy dogs' tails and other bits of biological flotsam and jetsam.

I cut the puppy dog tails off myself you know, I like to hear them
howl.

I cannot imagine any human being staying within a block for more than 7.8
secs.

Oh definately over 10 seconds, theres no breaking 100 metre records
even when I'm around.

That's why he has to come here to insult most of the human race. *And the
poor sap has never put 2 and 2 together, so he'll never change his ways. Or
his underwear.

Why add 2 and 2 when you can just add 1 and 1? Much easier.

B2003