Old January 10th 09, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default DLR to Woolwich set to open this Saturday, 10 January

Mizter T wrote:

The DLR extension from King George V under the Thames to Woolwich
Arsenal is set to open this Saturday, the 10th of January, well over a

So, did it?

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Old January 10th 09, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

On Jan 10, 9:11*am, Arthur Figgis wrote:
Mizter T wrote:

The DLR extension from King George V under the Thames to Woolwich
Arsenal is set to open this Saturday, the 10th of January, well over a

So, did it?

The departure board for Woolwich doesn't seem to be available but this
is King George, (if this link works), by process of elimination I am
assuming that blank may imply Woolwich if "Bank" is Bank.

http://www.dlrdaisy.co.uk/daisy/kgv/kgv10pid.htm

But there seems to be a big gap in the service and and an anticipated
very long turnaround for the one currently heading for Woolwich, if
that's correct.
Old January 10th 09, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Jan 10, 9:11 am, Arthur Figgis wrote:
So, did it?

Journeyplanner claims so.

I will test it later today.

--
Abi
Old January 10th 09, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
No Name

In article
,
MIG wrote:
The departure board for Woolwich doesn't seem to be available but this
is King George, (if this link works), by process of elimination I am
assuming that blank may imply Woolwich if "Bank" is Bank.

http://www.dlrdaisy.co.uk/daisy/kgv/kgv10pid.htm

But there seems to be a big gap in the service and and an anticipated
very long turnaround for the one currently heading for Woolwich, if
that's correct.

I've just had a look at it, and it seems like a 10 minue interval between
trains. The clock is about 90 seconds fast.

--
David Wild using RISC OS on broadband
www.davidhwild.me.uk
Old January 10th 09, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

On Jan 10, 10:24*am, wrote:
In article
,
* *MIG wrote:

The departure board for Woolwich doesn't seem to be available but this
is King George, (if this link works), by process of elimination I am
assuming that blank may imply Woolwich if "Bank" is Bank.
http://www.dlrdaisy.co.uk/daisy/kgv/kgv10pid.htm
But there seems to be a big gap in the service and and an anticipated
very long turnaround for the one currently heading for Woolwich, if
that's correct.

I've just had a look at it, and it seems like a 10 minue interval between
trains. The clock is about 90 seconds fast.

Yes, it seems to have settled down. When I first looked there were
only two trains shown for Bank in something like 4 minutes then 27
minutes then no third train. Maybe there had previously been a
problem with stuff heading for Woolwich.

Old January 10th 09, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Mizter T wrote:

The DLR extension from King George V under the Thames to Woolwich
Arsenal is set to open this Saturday, the 10th of January, well over a

So, did it?

The departure board for Woolwich doesn't seem to be available

http://www.dlrdaisy.co.uk/daisy/woa/woa10pid.htm is the link you
are looking for. It was available, but blank, yesterday.

David
Old January 10th 09, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 10 Jan, 09:11, Arthur Figgis wrote:

So, did it?

Am I first to report that YES it definitely did, and I this afternoon
I travelled from Bank to Woolwich, and then back to Canning Town.

I have a photo or two, but my camera ran out of battery very quickly.
Plenty of space, trains every 10 minutes, 2 large exits, one directly
beside the existing overground station exit, the other at the far end
of the DLR platform opening out to what appears to be the main
shopping street. (don't know the area so well)

Plenty of other geeky types walking around with video cameras.
Old January 10th 09, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

Mizter T wrote:

The DLR extension from King George V under the Thames to Woolwich
Arsenal is set to open this Saturday, the 10th of January, well over a

So, did it?

The departure board for Woolwich doesn't seem to be available

http://www.dlrdaisy.co.uk/daisy/woa/woa10pid.htmis the link you
are looking for. It was available, but blank, yesterday.

David

Ah yes. They seem not to have updated the drop-down list of available
stations on the main page.
Old January 10th 09, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Producing such things as http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XYDhMNaWFfw
Old January 10th 09, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Jan 10, 10:24 am, Abigail Brady wrote:
Journeyplanner claims so.

I will test it later today.

It was (and I even had a legitimate reason for using it!)

Very exciting ride in the tunnel under the Thames; much better than
the ride to Bank.

Some confusion at Woolwich Arsenal. I touched out at the DLR exit to
the mainlane platforms and then looked for a ticket machine or
similar, couldn't find one, found the exit for the mainline platforms
and then tried to touch out. Didn't work, of course (my travelcard is
z1234), so I had to plead to be let out by the people manning the
gateline. Then I got my WA-boundary zone 3 ticket and was on my
way...

I assume there is a street entrance for the DLR I was supposed to exit
at so I could then walk on the street to the NR ticket office. I bet
they'll have lots of people making the same mistake I did, though.

--
Abi