Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 25th 09, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New LU toilet map

On 25 Jan, 10:12, Walter Briscoe wrote:
In message of Sat, 24 Jan 2009
23:06:49 in uk.transport.london, solar penguin
writes

Ian Jelf wrote:

In message , Walter Briscoe
writes

Ickenham FM toilets are locked 247 outside the gateline, but
available on customer request. Some parts of the network seem to
think vandalism/anti-social behaviour is a reason for permanent
service closure.

That seems to happen at Perivale.

On the other hand, at Harrow on the Hill and Alperton I've found very
helpful staff, even when loos were closed. * In fact, those two places
stick in my mind as where I've received "service with a smile" from LU
staff.

Oh add West Ruislip to that, too. * And North Ealing. * At various
times over the years staff have opened toilets there just for me/us.
The one at North Ealing actually let me into the ladies' loo, once!

The toilets at Bank are closed at weekends. *And they're run by the
council so TfL staff can't even open them for you.

The City of London is unlikely to be impressed by being described as
"the council".
My record says "outside gateline, by exit 3, 08.00-18.15 M-F,
10.00-16.00 S&S".
The map marks Bank with a dagger symbol for which the key says: "Toilet
not managed by London Underground. You may be charged for using the
facilities. Ask staff for information."

The toilets at Bank are free. It did - I can't say it does - have the
problem that the opening hours are only shown when open. Westminster's
Piccadilly Circus facilities have the same problem. The Monument
facilities - underground at the bottom of Gracechurch Street - are not
and should be daggered as the City runs them, too.

The toilets near Monument station (underground in the island at the
junction of Eastcheap, King William Street and Gracechurch Street) are
free, and open daytime 7 days a week (they close at an early 3pm Mon-
Fri and at 5pm Sat and Sun). I work nearby and they're clean and tidy
- but down a steep flight of steps.

There is a fancy-looking new disabled toilet (if you'll pardon the
expression) directly behind the Monument itself, close to the Fish
Street Hill exit of the station, which I think is RADAR keyholders
only, though I don't have such a key and so haven't been able to
investigate it.

Details of City of London Corporation toilets he
http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corpo...ic_toilets.htm

They all seem to be open Sat and Sun daytime. They all seem to be free
(except for the automated "pods" which cost 20p)

PaulO