Old February 1st 09, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU redundancies

On Jan 31, 6:41 pm, MIG wrote:
avoiding any route or means of transport that was on strike, even if
anything is running, because it would feel like scabbing.

The 1980s called, they want their rhetoric back.

B2003

Old February 1st 09, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 1, 7:03*pm, wrote:
On Jan 31, 6:41 pm, MIG wrote:

avoiding any route or means of transport that was on strike, even if
anything is running, because it would feel like scabbing.

The 1980s called, they want their rhetoric back.

Of all the people who could have said that ...
Old February 5th 09, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 09:06:39AM -0800, wrote:
On Jan 30, 9:32 am, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
I don't work for TfL, because despite the 'unreasonable pay seettlements',
the pay is pretty bloody low - and TfL staff have to actually work, not sit

Pretty bloody low? You might want to check this out.
http://www.mysalary.co.uk/average-sa...be_Driver_3207

I'd say 40k's pretty bloody low given the level of responsibility *for
peoples' lives*, the consequences of error, the antisocial hours, ...

It's certainly not enough to make me want to do it.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

Us Germans take our humour very seriously
-- German cultural attache talking to the Today Programme,
about the German supposed lack of a sense of humour, 29 Aug 2001
Old February 5th 09, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 09:25:03AM -0000, Zen83237 wrote:

For the record Andrew Heenan referred to me as scum first.

He said that after you said that you rejoiced in other people losing
their jobs: "I am rejoicing in them being made redundant".

I am returned the
compliment to him. I didn't refer to any LU staff as scum.

Yes you did. You said:

" I have never been on a days strike in my life, UNLIKE THE SCUM
AT LONDON UNDERGROUND. "

So that just makes you lieing scum, I suppose.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

Did you know that shotguns taste like candy canes? Put the barrel in
your mouth and pull the trigger for an extra blast of minty goodness!

Old February 5th 09, 02:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 5, 12:16*pm, David Cantrell wrote:
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 09:06:39AM -0800, wrote:
On Jan 30, 9:32 am, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
I don't work for TfL, because despite the 'unreasonable pay seettlements',
the pay is pretty bloody low - and TfL staff have to actually work, not sit

Pretty bloody low? You might want to check this out.
http://www.mysalary.co.uk/average-sa...be_Driver_3207

I'd say 40k's pretty bloody low given the level of responsibility *for
peoples' lives*, the consequences of error, the antisocial hours, ...

Oh please. Its far more dangerous on the roads than driving a train
protected by trip cocks or run but ATO. How many bus accidents are
there compared with tube ones? As for the hours , I agree its probably
not pleasent , but plenty of other trades work hours just as bad or
even worse. 24 hour plumbers, pest control, milkmen etc.

B2003

Old February 5th 09, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
writes
How many bus accidents are
there compared with tube ones?

The defence of the Driver's wage rests, me lud...!

;-)
--
Kenny
Old February 7th 09, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Cantrell" wrote in message
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 09:06:39AM -0800, wrote:
On Jan 30, 9:32 am, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
I don't work for TfL, because despite the 'unreasonable pay
seettlements',
the pay is pretty bloody low - and TfL staff have to actually work, not
sit

Pretty bloody low? You might want to check this out.
http://www.mysalary.co.uk/average-sa...be_Driver_3207

I'd say 40k's pretty bloody low given the level of responsibility *for
peoples' lives*, the consequences of error, the antisocial hours, ...

It's certainly not enough to make me want to do it.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

Us Germans take our humour very seriously
-- German cultural attache talking to the Today Programme,
about the German supposed lack of a sense of humour, 29 Aug 2001

That would be about twice a nurse's wage I think. Just as well some people
are prepared to do that job.

Kevin